How do I file a complaint against an Airbnb agent as a host

Manuel--Manu-0
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

How do I file a complaint against an Airbnb agent as a host

I am a host with 16 listings in the same house and I feel I have been unfairly treated by an Airbnb agent and the dispute with a guest was not fair for me and I would like to report the case but I called 2 times and they say that he is the manager and he has to close the case first but the case with the guest is finished (Unfairly in my opinion) and he is supposed to contact me but he doesn't, I messaged him as welll...

What shall I do?

Thanks a lot

36 Replies 36
Kaumudi0
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

I’m really sorry to hear this @Chinny0 . Problem is they don’t understand how hard we work to keep our standards. One spiteful or unreasonable person can destroy our star rating. They can simply say oh but you have lot of feedback, don’t worry because they don’t know those feedback  didn’t just happen but lot of effort and dedication.  

Kaumudi0
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

This happened to me too. Every time I called they says it’s handle by resolution manager or handler. She simply doesn’t Want to hear my point as she already made up her mind. I will try twitter. 

Abbi4
Level 2
United Kingdom

I got here after googling the same question of the original post. 
After experiencing an almost unreal discrimination and mistreatment of one case manager. After closing the case almost 4 weeks ago by another case manager, who noticed clearly how the guest kept changing her claims as for why she cancelled her booking 5-10 minutes after check in.  The guest was pretty obviously trying to override the law of self isolation on arrival. She used my address to get through the border and then went in took few pictures and cancelled. At some point she threatened me to leave a bad review. 
3 days ago I get contacted by a different “AGENT” who suggested completely new claims of hers. And ask to hear my side. So I replied with everything that happened and asked if she provided some new evidence, just be presented with the same picture she used before. But this time she claimed there was mould. Active mould that is. 
the Agent simply ignored everything I’ve said. Informed me that she will be refunded and then threatened me of cancelling me as host if I don’t sort the problem(that doesn’t even exist) promptly. 
I tried speaking to other agents just to be told this case is already being handled by another Agent. After feeling so defeated I reply that I respect the decision and I will sort it out. However I do still insist there isn’t any mould and I can provide pictures and videos to show the truth. 
just for him to again ignore what I said and make another threat about how unprepared my property was and how I should sort that with my cleaning team. 
After reading the whole thread from 2018 until now I still can’t believe we simply don’t have anyway to challenge such unjustified treatment. 
it’s frustrating and so disappointing. It is the first time I experience anything like this. But your msgs seem to be describing exactly what happened with me. 
Someone mentioned his account was frozen by an Agent. So it’s obvious that it’s unfair battle. 
good luck to all of you hard working hosts. I hope you don’t experience this ever again. 

Mila1156
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Hi Airbnb Team,
I would like to explain what happen with us on October 10/ 12 , 2020 at house address 199 Huntingdon Crescent, Waterloo, ON N2L 4P8, Canada and host name is Anson.
We came first time to Waterloo and used airbnb as a home for 3 days /2 nights. The host met as very friendly and maintained that may be you were so tired after long trip and we agreed ) . We put ours stuff at the place and went to discover the City. We came back at 11:00 pm and had a problem to open a gate to exes to the place( basement) . Anson as a host of the place didn't have in the house sound isolation between first floor and basement. It means we had all bad expressions during the night with walking, talking and over activities until 2:00 am , when I wrote a note to host that he has a regulations not to make a noise after 11:00 pm and he didn't follow it. Next day we left the house for all day and we didn't see the host at all. We came back and slept so peaceful until 4:00 am , somebody took a shower and the hole water pipe system started make a strange loud noise which awake me up and I couldn't sleep at all. I don't know how it possible to stay at this place if it is not have a proper isolation protecting from noise above and sewer system .
The trust is broken for all host and we will never go again in any places at airbnb . Thanks.

Marla69
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

same issue with me- lies from airbnb. and incorrect info- really frustrating

Rex82
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

with 8 year rent experience, i should say now airbnb not treat us as " client", the guest is their client, even the staff position is better than us. Host is just like basic worker in the airbnb company

today I was blown away by a French airbnb agent Alcina who used the powers given by airbnb to "revenge" the host. I am very angry and disappointed