How do I file a complaint against an Airbnb agent as a host

Manuel--Manu-0
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

How do I file a complaint against an Airbnb agent as a host

I am a host with 16 listings in the same house and I feel I have been unfairly treated by an Airbnb agent and the dispute with a guest was not fair for me and I would like to report the case but I called 2 times and they say that he is the manager and he has to close the case first but the case with the guest is finished (Unfairly in my opinion) and he is supposed to contact me but he doesn't, I messaged him as welll...

What shall I do?

Thanks a lot

36 Replies 36
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

If it is a Host Guarantee issue their is an Arbitration procedure.

David
Manuel--Manu-0
Level 1

Thanks David, but I don´t find the link and I am afraid that if I call again they will tell me the same thing, what would you do?

Thanks a lot

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You did not say what the issue is, so I can not tell you what I would do. Might be nothing that you can do.

David
Manuel--Manu-0
Level 1

So if I am treated unfairly I cannot do anything? 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Well you posted on here, I am not sure what you mean.

David
Manuel--Manu-0
Level 1

I don`t need to talk about the issue here, I just need to know the complaining procedure if you know

Thanks

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Generally speaking there isn't one. There is the Arbitration policy I mentioned under Host Guarantee.

David

Manu,  Try sending a message using Airbnb twitter account, it appears to get the fastest and most proactive of responses.  Good luck!

Selina12
Level 2
The Woodlands, TX

I also have the same feeling that I'm not being treated fairly by the resolution/ judgement the customer service agent. so, I'm here looking to file a complaint against this agent. And I'm willing to go up to their CEO. I feel they make it very difficult for us to do so on purpose. And I'm also willing to leave airbnb. 

Fiza0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have experienced discriminatory practice by an airbnb (Italian) agent siding with an (Italian) guest. The guest did not like the area as it was predominantly an asian area (and our Listing said so). The guest sent (as evidence) photos of a property that was not mine.  Without appropriate consultation the agent went on to cancel the booking without my agreement or giving me an opportunity to raise the point that the guest was lying and using pictures that was not of my flat to convince him.

I am furious and have lost all faith in airbnb as a company credible. They make grand statements about anti-racism but do not monitor their own staff for racist behaviour or unjust conclusions in mediation.

How can hosts complain about airbnb staff? Some are wonderful, but some are absolutely awful!

Same problem happend to me! After reading all hosts’ complaints Can’t believe there is no way to report Airbnb support team agent!?

I had the same that the agent wen on to cancel the booking without my premision and also didn't give me an opportunity to raise the point that the guest was lying. 

try to call them, left 5 massages but no body respon. 

I had a similar experience! My guest lied and got a partial refund without me even being in the loop until 1 month later and the Airbnb agents don't even seem to care. I have no real answers from them.

@Rebecca1551 

I know it's hard to accept, but it's just a reality that you cannot rely on Airbnb support for anything, and often, engaging with them can cause you frustration and even harm in some cases. You may get lucky, but in my experience, engaging Airbnb support, especially with respect to an issue with a guest is too risky. 

It's not always easy, but we avoid Airbnb support whenever possible. 

Vet your guests extensively. Scare away any that raise any red flags... before they book.

And as always, don't be too eager to accept bookings. There's another one coming. Just be patient. It's Airbnb's greatest strength. 

It's a very special art that you eventually refine, it offers no guarantee, but so far, for us it's been far more effective than dealing with it after the fact. And you don't suffer the risks of engaging with Airbnb support.