I can not find my listing , when I pose as a traveler

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Bruce10 

Your lksting is in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=52688757&map_toggle=true

maybe zoom in some more on the map when searching.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Bruce10 

Hi Bruce, I just did an incognito search as a traveler of the Mashpee MA area and you are showing up in the system....but a long way down. You are on page 7 in 74th overall position when searching for a property using a 6 guest search criteria and you drop to 89th position when I do a search using a 4 guest criteria. So everything is working as it should.

Mashpee MA listing no 84.png

The reason for this is probably because there is no activity on your site. The algorithm that governs search placement is......activity! You are not showing any upcoming reservations on your listing page and have no current bookings so, your visibility is slipping down in the search rankings.....it is there, it's just down where prospective guests are never going to see it! You are down amongst the periodic renters who possibly only rent for a few weeks a year or for special events. 

What you need to do is get a bit of activity happening on your page.....

*..... Change around a few photos, perhaps delete or replace one or two.

*......Add a facility or an amenity.

*..... Make some changes to your house rules or your description.

*......Put your price down a few dollars, set it for a week, then put it back up again.

*..... Have some friends send you an enquiry, it doesn't commit either them or you to anything, just pre-approve them and respond o them, if nothing further happens in 24 hours it just drops off the system but ......the important thing is, it gets a bit of activity happening on your page.

*..... You could even go as far as explaining to some good friends what you are trying to do, arrange a paid visit for you and a group of them and refund them when your payment comes through. You will be out of pocket the service fees but they might meet you some of the way there considering they are getting a free holiday and the loss could be minimal for a couple of days away with friends.

The fact that a booking has come in will instantly push you up the search rankings to the point where you do become visible again.

Bruce Airbnb rewards success and the more you can get something happening on that listing page of yours the higher you will turn up in search placement!

There is nothing wrong with your listing Bruce, no problem from Airbnb's end..... it's there, you just need people to actually see it!

I hope this helps Bruce, all the best.

Cheers.......Rob