How do I list 30 guests (for a fee) for my property?

Gabriel25
Level 2
Key Biscayne, FL

How do I list 30 guests (for a fee) for my property?

My home is very large and my price is for 14 guests, however, I can host up to 30 people for an additional fee per person per night. AirBnB limits up to 16 and I constantly get complaints from guests trying to book, and informing me that they have 20+ members of their family.

I adjust the price manually and let them know, half of them feel it is a bait & switch, but I am unable to find the option to increase the number of guests the traveler can select beyond 16 people.

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It's not possible within the current settings of the site, @Gabriel25. But what about creating two listings with a proper description and explanation that it is the way to book the entire place for 30 people? Of course not an ideal solution, but Airbnb keeps challenging hosts to be more and more creative.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

But if @Gabriel25 does this then the guest will pay more in abb fees. 

Maybe just write in your listing text “we can accommodate up to...  however abb system only recognizes up to 16 guests automatically. Please contact me personally so that we may override the guest count and accommodate your group...”

Gary194
Level 2
Kaohsiung City, Taiwan

It’s kinda hard to do that right now but you can try to open more listings and if you are afraid of guests paying more you can send them a discount on the listings

Gabriel25
Level 2
Key Biscayne, FL

Adding a second listing for 30 people would cause double booking. Also if I charge $10 per extra guest, I would have to list it at the maximum rate (i.e Reg. Rate $200 for 10 pax plus $10/additional pax, a 30 pax home=$400) and if the guest brings only 20, they would be over paying or I would not be competitive.

Other companies allow manually entering the number of guests and then calculate the fee.

I believe AirBnB needs to update their software to allow this.