How do I offer a discount?

How do I offer a discount?

Hi there!

after having confirmed a booking, I found out there would be some works taking place in the building during the stay. I thought it'd be fair to offer my guests a discount for the inconvenience they might have. I would like to make two days cost less than the normal price. Is it possible to change the price of some days after the reservation has been confirmed? 

Thank you for your help!

Lina

5 Replies 5
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lina32

Yes.

Go to the reservation =>  Cancel/Change => Change 

and adjust the price (host price) including cleaning, extra persons 

and send.

Guest has 24h to accept.

This is how you can alter for # of guests or lower prices, pretty much anything.

Thanks. This is great. Follow up question: Is there a fee changred to host (or guest) when host changes the confirmed reservation ?

No special fee but Airbnb gets thier pound of flesh as the fees and commissions they charge are a percentage. If you drop the price they get less if you add days they get more.

Andrew.
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Hi there! I am new to being a host on Airbnb and am wondering how the fees are charged. I usually like the cleaner to get her money in cash and the guests leave that at the end of the stay.  But now we change that? I was calculating the amount charged to a guest for a one week stay at our home and it appears that Airbnb are pocketing 366.65 for a stay that totals 2291.65..... what I am wondering is that do airbnb collect the $150 cleaning fee from that 366.65? And then what would the rest of that amount be going towards? I thought that Airbnb only took 3% of 2291.65.....

hooe you can clarify for me!!!

thankyou!

Kathleen265
Level 1
Whiting, IN

Thank you this was very helpful!