How do I pay an overdue payment??

Richard82
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

How do I pay an overdue payment??

This is my first time using airbnb, and it's been incredibly frustrating. The host is fine, though communication is difficult because we don't speak the same language.

The problem is, one of us got sick and we wanted to extend our stay an extra night. No problem with the host. We SHOULD have just given the host cash. Instead, we logged into airbnb and added a night. This cannot be done on the mobile app, but we figured it out online. Then, for some reason our host didn't get the message, so we had to text him to login and accept the alteration.

So, now our 'receipt' reflects the extra charge, but as an "overdue payment". There is no indication of how this payment is to be made. Will it be charged to our linked credit card automatically? Do I have to add money like i would to pay for damages? 

Is there anyone at airbnb that will help us figure this out?

I think our first airbnb experience may be our last....

12 Replies 12
Richard82
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Update:

It took a couple of hours, but the payment was processed automatically.

Airbnb, you need to put this information somewhere, maybe on the receipt!

AH! Thank you for this post! Have just spent upwards of 15 minutes googling and searching all over the AirBnb site to determine how on earth I pay for the overdue amount!

Good to hear it'll just happen- thank you again!

Hi there!

I'm facing the same problem! I've tried calling their call centre too, but there's no response. What did you mean by 'it'll just happen'? Will I be required to enter my credit card details again?

Kindly help

I had the same problem. I spoke to Airbnb and they told me that the issue is because no Payment Method is set. I assumed that I will receive a payment link for overdue payment and I was wrong. It is Payment Method update that has to be set.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to Accounts Settings under your profile name

2. Update the Payment Method (Your Card Details) - It shows as overdue payment if Payment Method is not set as they are unable to deduct money from you until this is set.

3. They will automatically deduct the amount.

By putting in my credit card dtails and saving it, it doesnt take me to a payment gateway

i have put my credit card details 3-4 times and have got a msg from my card provider about successful validation

But airbnb site says that i have added too many cards

how do i make the payment?

can someone help? its urgent!!

Abhinav2
Level 2
Bareilly, India

Hello

I was trying to add credit card and at the end of process it gave the warning "We do not save Indian credit card due to compliance". But 1$ was deducted from the credit card. I have to do overdue payment of amount INR 138. 

Can anyone tell me for what this 1$ was deducted from my card as it wasnt equivalent to overdue amount INR 138?

And how to successfully add a card detail?Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 11.01.09 pm.png

Xavier-Bernard0
Level 1
Xewkija, Malta

I have a similar problem, with and overdue payment.

I have gone through the threads and done all that has been recomended.  However the payment has still not been made automatically. I am at a loss as I can't find a contact for airbnb and dont now how to complete the payment.

Surely there has to be a way to action this manually?

please adivse as I dont want to loose my booking.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Xavier-Bernard0 and @Abhinav2,

I'm sorry to hear you're both having issues with making a payment. In both your cases I suggest that you do contact the airbnb support team directly - this Community Help Guide explains the best ways to contact them.

I hope you manage to get your issues resolved - let me know how you get on!

Kirstie

Hello,

But AirBnb send me warning mail and then they mailed me a payment link automatically after 24hrs.

And I successfully did the payment as it was having optipn of netbanking too.

@Kirstie Can you please help me to clear overdue payment... I am unable to do payment for my extended stay in the same property.. 

Thanks & regards, 

Javed 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Javed1,

I'm afraid I cannot help you with this issue as I'm not a member of the Support team. If you are unable to clear this payment you will need to contact Airbnb directly - this Community Help Guide explains the best ways to get in touch with them.

I hope you can get this resolved!

Kirstie

Hello,

Similar was the case with me.

But AirBnb send me warning mail and then they mailed me a payment link automatically after 24hrs.

And I successfully did the payment as it was having optipn of netbanking too.