How do I report a guest? This link leads me to a scam login site how do I report it Airbnb?

David367
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

How do I report a guest? This link leads me to a scam login site how do I report it Airbnb?

Thank you, but I need to know which one to book. Is this listing yours? airbnb-rooms79538.website Because it has the same pictures as yours but a smaller price. Let me know and I will book it in the morning. Many thanks, Linda
Today at 16:35
Hi Linda, we have pre-approved you if you want to book. We don't have another listing on Airbnb for this property. Someone else is interested in these dates so they may go soon. Regards David
Today at 16:32
PRE-APPROVED TODAY AT 16:31
LINDA’S ENQUIRY TODAY AT 16:28

Hello, I was just wondering if your unit is available this dates. I whish to rent it but I've just seen the same photos as yours on another host's listing on Airbnb at a lower price. Can you please tell me which one to book? Here is the listing link: airbnb-rooms79538.website Thank you, Linda
Today at 16:28
4 Replies 4
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@David367 It's a common scam. Use the flag icon to flag the guest and report the issue. Do not click on any links and do not give them your log-in information.

Julia0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

VictoriaAirbnb member since 2016

Hello,
We saw your place on Airbnb site and would like to know if it is available for this dates.
I really want to book it but I have found that your photos are on other host's listing at a cheaper rate per night. May I know which listing to book?
Here is the other listing: airbnb-rooms79538.website
Thank you, Victoria
Julia0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

VictoriaAirbnb member since 2016

Hello,
We saw your place on Airbnb site and would like to know if it is available for this dates.
I really want to book it but I have found that your photos are on other host's listing at a cheaper rate per night. May I know which listing to book?
Here is the other listing: airbnb-rooms79538.website
Thank you, Victoria
 Had exactly the same thing yesterday. I flagged and reported this as a phishing attempt. This is the message from airbnb - not quite sure how to take it, are they saying this is my fault?
Hi Julia,

I am reaching out because another Airbnb member either requested to communicate with you via private email or Facebook, or sent a malicious message in which you may have been asked to verify your listing, or copy and paste a URL into a new browser window. We ask that you halt your communication with this individual immediately. We have removed their account so that you will no longer have access to their message thread.

At Airbnb, we do everything we can to create a safe and trusted marketplace. Rarely, fraudulent individuals misuse our site in the attempt to obtain offsite payment or to gain access to one’s account by communicating via personal email or phone, or by sending malicious links meant to capture your login credentials, and we wanted to alert you to the possibility of such a scam. If you did contact someone via private email, or through a provided URL, please immediately change your Airbnb password and your email password.

Contact information should never be exchanged prior to having an accepted booking. When guests book through Airbnb, their payment is held for 24 hours after check-in. The host’s contact information and listing address are only shared with guests with an accepted reservation. This process allows us to protect the safety and privacy of both hosts and guests. Please read our help article for more information and tips on how you can preserve your account's security and operate safely online.

All legitimate Airbnb user communications and payments will take place on our website. Any paper or PDF invoice requesting payment via bank transfer, Western Union, MoneyGram, or similar offsite vendor should be immediately flagged and ignored. You can use our flagging feature to report suspicious activity.

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience, as this is not what the Airbnb community is about. If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our Trust Center for information on how to protect yourself as a member and have a wonderful experience using Airbnb.

Best Regards,

Airbnb Trust and Safety Team
Luis155
Level 1
Krakow, Poland

I got the same.

I followed the link, but didn't login... Hope they didn't get any info from me..

I reported the user as spam. Should we do something else?

airbnb spam.png