How do I respond to this or can I even get it removed?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

How do I respond to this or can I even get it removed?

Just got this: "Treated us different once she realized that we were black threatened to kick us Out and not give us any kind of money back Pictures was not A house definitely a basement apartment which is only a one bed room and mud room"

This guest partied so hard and was so nasty to other guests that they left early.

I am thinking something like: yes, this is an apartment as stated in multiple places in the listing and clear from the pictures. Mona self admittedly never bothered to read it. She has also chosen to have multiple people over and through a party that rocked the neighborhood. She was treated the same way I treat anyone who does that.

28 Replies 28

@Russell49 I could not agree more

@Inna22 Hello  this is a clear breach of Airbnb review rules and you could have this review removed. Important in future to delay writing a review until the very last minute (13days 23hrs) in future so that you have time to complain about guests like this and be ready with evidence to have the review removed. Always best to call Airbnb and see if they can give you any solid advice or even remove it while on the call. Hope you are able to remove it! Best of luck

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Inna22 is a VERY experienced host, @Optimal0 ! - I doubt she needs lessons from you!

I'm reporting all your posts as Spam, - as  I believe @Sarah977 wil have done on the one she spotted - & told you off for!

@Helen350  Would you speak like this to someone in person Helen? And if all your nasty, negative, unwelcomed comments were put into a book and shown to your friends and family would you be proud of them? For you to assume we are not experienced hosts is very rude and ignorant. We have been hosting for over 7 years and helped many hosts over this time. Please be more kind and respectful

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you post using your host profile then @Optimal0 as this is a  community forum for hosts and guests, rather than using a profile set up to promote your business?

I may not always agree with @Helen350 but just because she is calling you out on posting here to help promote your business, on this forum doesn't mean she is nasty or negative. She is using the forum in the way that it was designed - as a discussion forum for hosts and guests.

And how would she know you are a host - there is no way she could have known by reading your profile  which only promotes your business. How is that rude or ignorant?

If you want to contribute to life on this forum why not use your host profile?

@Helen3 , you and I don't always see eye to eye perfectly either but I was thinking the exact same thing as I'm looking at his absolutely blank profile.  Its not really a great way to begin a relationship of chatty hosts on a hosting forum, we don't sell our advice or pay to ask questions here, we trade it willfully and without cost (for what thats worth)!!!.   

@Optimal0 ,  Is that your first or last name, "Optimal"?  People have come to the CC trying to sell their wares without the blessing of the Mothership or its hosts, it fails nearly every time.  You might better expose us to your successes as a host and your brilliance- then let folks know he has services that can be purchased if we request his professional assistance outside of the CC.  I still dont know if that would pass the smell test here but at least its a more open and honest approach.  Host safely, JR (john)

@Optimal0 

I think you've been here before flogging a book haven't you?

If I remember rightly, you're an ex-employee of Airbnb and I think, might currently be in Bali going by the name of Danny Boo Boo, previously 'Daniel-*******0'. Seen your blog..! Class.. ! You wouldn't want that showing to your friends and family now, would you 😉 @Helen350 doesn't have a scratch on you in that respect!  Has any fool actually sent you any funds for your begging via Paypal? If so, you're mostly a guest - not a host.

Website and contact details listed here and in your previous guise generally get deleted, but you do seem to be cut some slack for some reason and these things don't go unnoticed, I expect the details will be cut as soon as  @Stephanie or @Quincy  get to see, and especially with the duration of your last marketing spree - employee #700 😉

Website listings are one thing, repetitive commercial solicitation is another. That's just not on the CC 'happy list' at. all. Other members have been banned for less.

@Helen3 @Melodie-And-John0 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Inna22 So sorry this happened to you. Not sure if you replied but change 'through' to 'threw' if you still can...

@Rebecca181 Yes, @Kelly149  fought it, thank you

Paul1105
Level 7
Cleveland, OH

This is the exact reason I'm leaving Airbnb. As soon as the last booked guest leaves, that's it. I've already unlisted my properties because Airbnb has not removed a totally false review by a black guest. Since March 15th, every guest group that was black completely violated every house rule because they can without consequences.  I just can't take it anymore.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can only see one negative review from a guest who appears to be black and lots of positive ones. @Paul1105 

@Helen3 The reviews do not tell the whole picture. I see you're in the UK. The United States is a far more violent place. Even guests that I've had to kick out in the middle of the night for conducting drug deals on the premises,  and a litany of other violations, usually leave me a good review. It's all relative. Perhaps I was a good host in their eyes because there wasn't a shootout.  Who knows? But when they threaten my husband with bodily harm,  the kindest most gentle person I know, a native of Thailand, extremely non-confrontational,  and also trash the home AND leave a bad review? I AM DONE! Naturally,  if this were a one off event, it would be different. IT IS NOT. 

Wrong person and company. To all you trolls, its very sad that as adults you all think being rude, arrogant and bullying is the right way to act. Childishness of this nature is very unbecoming of a host who has their airbnb location and public details on display. Pull your manners in and treat others with respect.

@Optimal0 

HaHaHa - Expected reply! 😀

If you're so above board, why do your "meet the team" pics on your website have no bios attached, and why do two of the "hosts" giving you testimonials appear to be one and the same person? There are no addresses for your London, Sydney and Bali "offices",  and why are the earnings graph for your London "case study" is in US$?

Why too, do you just happen to be using exactly the same stats and terminology as the other person/other company you claim to have nothing to do with? 🤔

All of a sudden your marketing seems to have stopped, but your anonymity remains - sort of.. Maybe you just realised that respect and manners includes yourself and spamming the forum was just rather rude!?

So back to that question in your top ten offered ranking factors  listing Absolute price as #2 and Price/bed as #6.. What is the correlation you have found between the Price/Bed and Absolute Price? Your table would indicate that cheap price and many beds is optimal, Optimal. Is that correct? 

Continued from here btw: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/How-to-Host-Making-a-Hosting-Business-Plan/m-p/13...

MAYBE ANSWER THERE RATHER THAN SPAMMING INNA'S THREAD..

Free help and contributions on the CC are always appreciated. That's what we're here for... apparently.