How do I see how many stars a specific guest gave me?

Adrianna1
Level 1
White Plains, NY

How do I see how many stars a specific guest gave me?

I have had some great reviews but I got an email saying that I've gotten 4 stars or less. I can only see what they wrote - how do I see the stars an individual guest gave me? We recently had a hurricane hit our area and I gave everyone an opportunity to cancel or not book if they chose based on the conditions. This should not affect my standing as a good host.

24 Replies 24
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Scroll down to the bottom on your Stats page - you can't see what specific guests left what, but you will see which category you were rated down in.

Where is the stats page?I don't see a stats page on my dashboard anywhere. Thanks.

wrong. You can see specific review ratings and who left what.

How?

@Chris15412 to see ratings go to 

insights

quality

click on the guest's review and the details will appear showing all the ratings given.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction. On a computer it’s just got to Insignts then Reviews then Read More. There is no quality tab. 

Sorry! It’s Insights, Reviews, then Read Review. The stars given by each reviewer can be see in Read Review. 

Eugene1
Level 6
Galway, Ireland

Hi Adrianna, 

At the moment it's not possible to see the star ratings that an individual guest has given you. You can see a summary of your ratings, by property, by visiting the "Stats" page on the desktop platform. 

Airbnb will let you know if there are areas that you could improve upon, based on your most recent guests ratings. 

I hope that helps. 

Eugene

It does help in that I know I'm not crazy by not being able to find it... 🙂

However, Airbnb sent me an email saying:

"You recently received a few ratings of 4 stars or less. We know you’re putting a lot of thought and care into hosting and sometimes bad ratings happen to great hosts. However, ratings that are consistently lower than average could result in your listing being temporarily paused and removed from search results."

The help they offered was to greet guests in person. I don't live there and that is impossible. I always send a personalized email and chat with them on airbnb. Very frustrating.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Actually, you can figure out who gave you the stars.  Next to each category it says something like, "Your last 4 ratings were 5 stars!"  However, if the last rating was not 5 stars, it will say, "You've received 5 stars four out of five times!" or some such.  Then you'll know that the last guest who reviewed you was the culprit.  I have to admit I obsessively count back and compare to the calendar!  🙂  In my first year, I wrote each person who gave me less than 5 stars in any category and asked them what I could have done better.  Their answers helped me out a lot.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5371021

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5353490

Jennifer178
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

As soon as a review comes in I check the stat ratings and write them down next to the guest name on a wall calendar.

interesting

Kate109
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the info about the stats! I'm new to airbnb and have already fallen foul of the star ratings which are not fair on hosts. I believe my guests downgraded my apartment unfairly and I don't think guests should have the power or are well enough informed to bestow stars, after all they are not qualified hotel inspectors! Just a review without star ratings would be much fairer to hosts. 

I would agree.  I had a guest that she and her husband really liked staying with us, but her husband wouldn't have called it a "5-star" hotel.  He totally missed the point.  Obviously, my place is not a 5-star hotel when they are paying below $200/night, but we could have easily received 5 stars for providing good quality service and facilities for the bracket we were in.