How do I send a phone number to a guest?

How do I send a phone number to a guest?

I have tried to send the phone number of our agent who will meet our guests, however everytime I send the email with the phone number, Airbnb blocks it and says (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). 

Any ideas how to get this number to my guests as its important they have it! 

Thanks

31 Replies 31

Airbnb is the one ruining everything in this case. I can decide how private I want to be!

What a **bleep**ty policy really.My father havin issues with the ship going to Italy and i cant do anything to inform the owner of the house..Owner been trying to send me his email and phone but everythings go hidden..Nothing is understandable.Wtf is this.Im really pissed.So pissed.And my father cant even speak english property.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Confirmed reservations detail the host's telephone number. Under reservation details. 

Danny426
Level 1
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Only one email message has the host's telephone number so one which is cumbersome. I didn't know it was there. I just randomly found that email. So looking for that email one has to do do a search in their email app/program and do a search on AIRBNB and look on the email's SUBJECT list for "Reservation confirm for ________".

A phone conversation between the Owner and Guest creates a more trusting, speedy, friendly, human and positive relationship between the Owner and Guest. Of course other issues may come up but the bottom line relationship and AirBnB experience is strengthened. 

This is the hospitality field!

I said costs $345

then $428

then$656

the note said remove dollar sign that the phone number lol

reply was clever 

the algorithms automatically block it to protect you, it’s best to have booking first  then info is sent you can text or sms 

No you do not have to. Can can give your number before confirming any booking by sending the host 3 different messages.

1st message 702

2nd message 555

3rd message 1212

Let the host know that you sent your number in 3 messages. I do it all the time.

Thanks

Jeff761
Level 3
Bristol, PA

I just ran into this as well.  A potential guest was asking about a weekly rate and what if they wished to extend. 

So, my response of $99/night * 7 with 20% off = $ 584 was blanked out ...  it's rather frustrating. 

Ben3347
Level 1
Wellington, NZ

If any airbnb management and engineers are reading this: your error message sucks. Hidden means what? I can't see it? The other party also can't see it? If both, then "removed" would be better. If you're trying to deliberately say that airbnb has it still stashed away in it's vaults for data mining etc, then "removed from sender and recipients messages" would be clearer.

Please be careful. UI matters.

Zen296
Level 1
Helsingør, Denmark

f

Gary-And-Rose0
Level 7
Chemainus, Canada

My phone number is one two three four five six seven easy

Pascal1311
Level 1
Paris, France

i got this problem ofter too so i created a website who make it super simple to send my contact to a guest check it out : https://bnb.contact 

brilliant.

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

how does it work?

You put your email, it creates a 3-word code you send to your guest, with a simple message to let them find the website. Then they put the code and get your email