How do I talk to a real person at Airbnb?

How do I talk to a real person at Airbnb?

In the last few months we have seen our apartment go from nearly always booked to being empty for long periods.

We had a couple of months there with nothing at all and now we have nothing for all of August 2018.

Something is not right but i cant seem to find out how to talk to someone that can either help us improve our presence or at the very least explain why the sudden drop off.

Its like it has dried up all of a sudden.

How do we get someone from AIrbnb to help us or sit with us so we can show them the history with Airbnb and Stayz with a view to improve the system for everyone.

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Nives-And-Perry0 ,

Airbnb can not help you setting up your listing. I noticed the information under "house rules" is excessive and also not in line with airbnb policies. Essential info is locked out by Airbnb as "SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN".  You can not put in your own payment or cancellation rules or deposit handling.

So tune your listing in a way it fits within Airbnb terms. IMHO also the weekly/monthly discount is rather poor and the cleaning fee rather high The description is way to long and repeating on some items. For some reason the listing is annoying me, it seems text is copied from a leaflet or similar. Sorry, i would never book because of this. Just my personal opinion....

Thanks Emeil, we appreciate your input.

We can tidy that up. 

The bigger point I suppose is that it has worked extremely well for 3 years and now it has hit the wall.

We do not understand why.

Thanks again.

@Nives-And-Perry0  I did speak with airbnb CS about the Sydney situaltion, Its winter and no tourists, its been low season and too much negative news stories, bad governance by the NSW liberals,  no effort in promoting tourism, light rail messy two years delayed construction, its a dig out of dirt piles/dust, building constructions. This gov have missed out on every bid on attracting major events into this CITY!

Over supply of apartments, its now a renters market! Doesn't help when airbnb has alliances with multi corporates handling over 300-500 listings also, they deal directly with corporate! Its in the news about these groups. Who suffers? Traditional hosts!!!

Elections are in 7 months, I look forward to better governance that care about its people!

Thank you Syl, i am pretty sure you are right regarding the local conditions of oversupply and the city generally being a bit of a dishevelled mess with roadworks etc. 

we will just need to do our best to improve the wording and pictures on the site and hold our breath until it picks up.

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Now that Aorbnb is more popular and there are more hosts, I think guests can be more picky, so things you may have got away with before you can no longer.  Your place has some good features, but I probably wouldn't book it because:-

1. All the weird payment/deposit stuff
  2. The sofa thing looks really uncomfortable - stylish, but uncomfortable (no back support)
  3. I can't see that there's any wardrobe space in any of the bedrooms.

Like Emiel I find the listing a bit irritating, because all the stuff about the area (inluding the photos) comes before the information about the property, and much of it makes no sense because of all the content that Airbnb has redacted.

Thanks Kathie, We appreciate the feedback.

Kurt80
Level 2
Mae Taeng, Thailand

I can't find the phone number to call a live person at AirBNB. Help

M242
Level 1
Washington, DC

How do I get past that horrible voice mail, and reach a LIVE person at this company