How do I waive the cleaning fee for a pending request?

Merry-Lee0
Level 2
Wells, VT

How do I waive the cleaning fee for a pending request?

I received a pending request for which I want to waive the cleaning fee.  How can I do that?

7 Replies 7
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

You can either send special offer if they have not yet booked or send alteration request.

See https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#M311
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

It's not in that link (from what I can see...)

Regina38
Level 10
Wilmington, DE

I don't know but that is ysually a bad idea. Every gyest that said they were super clean left a mess. Wet towels on bed or dishes in sink ect...
Patricia236
Level 1
Puyallup, WA

I don't see the place to send a special offer

Ronda1
Level 1
Atascadero, CA

I am looking for an answer to the same question. I have a guest that wants to extend their stay and I will only be cleaning at the end of their stay. They sent me a booking request and once that happens the special offer disappears. Wondering if I just need to refund them that amount after they book. Anyone know?

Hi Rhonda, I’m having the same thing come up for my current guests who have extended their stay.  What did you end up doing? 

@Ashley-And-Adrien0 You need to go in and change the current reservation: don't get them to send a new booking request. Open the reservation, and there is an option that will say Change or Cancel Reservation. Click on that, then select Change Reservation. It will give the option to alter the dates. The guest will need to complete it by accepting the change.