Johannesburg, South Africa

How do guests pay

How do guests pay me, does airbnb take take the full amount or just a deposit

7 Replies 7
Kim-and-Jen0
Level 10
Oslo, Norway

Hi Sonja

The guests will pay to Airbnb. Airbnb will pay the host 24 hrs after the guests check in.

The amount of the payment the host will receive is minus airbnb fees and VAT.

Here is some info about the payout. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/459/how-do-i-calculate-my-payout

Hope it helps 🙂

Sonja56
Level 1

Hi Kim and Jen

Thank you very much!

So just to clarify, I don’t have to take any money from the guests when they arrive, Airbnb takes it all-not only a deposit?

Regards

Sonja

Hi Sonja,

No you dont have to take any money from guests. The payment will be deposit to your bank account 24 hrs after the guest check in and maybe will go in to your account 2-3 days after. Airbnb will send you notification once the payment is released and you can check on your transaction history.

😄

Sonja56
Level 1

Fantastic!

Thanks again for your kind help!

Sonja

You are most welcome. Happy hosting.

😄

Hello - just to clarify, so a guest of mine says he has paid a deposit and it should appear on my bank statement this month even though the booking is next year. That means Airbnb holds onto this money over the booking period - ?

Hi @Susan730 🙂

It won't appear on your bank statement. When he booked he paid airbnb and airbnb got the money so in case he cancels you will get the money according to the cancellation policy you choose when you put up your account. If he doesn't cancel you will get paid by airbnb the day after check-in (if you are a new host the first payout takes a bit longer - it can take up to a couple of weeks).

When you can see the reservatuon is confirmed the booking is paid. 

Best, Sandra