How do guests receive listing address once booking completed?

Karen252
Level 3
Coolangatta, Australia

How do guests receive listing address once booking completed?

Hi Everyone!

I am just wondering if any other hosts know how guests receive the exact listing address once the booking has been approved and completed? I am having an increased number of guests asking me for the address via airbnb messenger. When I tell them that they can access the address, many of them locate it but there are still a few who come back and say they cant find it. I would like to know how they receive this info so that I can tell them exactly how they receive it so that they can locate this info themselves easier. 

I dont really want to send them the address via airbnb messenger as if they were to cancel the booking they would know the listing address, as it would still be in the airbnb message and probably in email copies of the airbnb messages. 

Thank you in advance. 

Karen 

3 Replies 3
Debbie92
Level 1
Waipukurau, NZ

I have, as we are speaking, got a guest in our cottage as I foolishly gave him the listing address.  I felt sorry for them as they are foreign, but I have just been to see if they have arrived.  They have, but they haven't paid and said they could not get on to our wifi (we survive on this as we live in the country).  I am feeling very suspicious about them now.

I am pretty sure that all the details are made available once the guest make the booking and it has been confirmed.

Do NOT give out your listing address is all I can say!

I am sending my husband and two big sons up to see if we can get the wifi working on his phone so that he can pay us and find out more about our guest!

@Karen252

Ask them to print their itinerary.

And then what happened??