How do i request a review?

How do i request a review?

I got this message:

Hi Christy, I have been trying to write a review but it doesn't give me the option. Am I missing something?

What should I tell my guest?

6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Airbnb sends out an email to the host and the guest asking them to review the other.  Usually this happens a day or two after checkout. The email contains a button called "write a review".  Both host and guest have 14 days to leave a review.  The reviews become public after each has reviewed the other.  If one leaves a review and the other doesn't,  the one review will become public.  Hope this answers your question.  You can also go to the Help section on your dashboard and search "reviews".  You'll get all the info there. 

Lesley1
Level 3
Byron Bay, Australia

It is not happening automatically at the moment -  I  experienced this as a host and a guest in the past 2 weeks. In both cases I contacted airbnb, explained my situation and asked them to manually send me the review request button and my guest. After they did that, we could both leave reviews. Perhaps there is a problem with this as I noticed a few people asking this of Airbnb lately. 

I have a problem with automated reviews they are not being sent to me or to my last two guests. How did you contact Airbnb, I can't find any links they seem pretty elusive. Thanks.

Kathy108
Level 1
Henderson, NV

I have a friend staying in my condo and have asked her for a review but I cannot find a link to send her so she can leave a review. Does anyone know how I can do that?

Thanks in advance

Kathy

I have guests who haven't booked through Airbnb but who would like to put a review on the site. Is this possible?

Dave529
Level 1
Kernville, CA

I have a past guest who has not provided a review. I've sent a message politely requesting a review from them but received no reply or a review. The 14 day period has expired. Any suggestions?