How do we submit suggestions to improve the host user interface?

How do we submit suggestions to improve the host user interface?

It would be helpful to submit some functional ideas to improve the host user interface.  Does this exist somewhere on the website?

1.  I have a PDF house manual.  I would like to attach it to my host profile so that it is shared immediately with confirmed guests.  Benefit:  The guest gets the information early and I don't have to answer tons of questions or set expectations via text etc.

2.  AirBnB needs a faster "click and drop" method to email confirmed guests.  The chat feature is fine but the long truncated email address that is masked is harder to deal with.

3.  It would also be helpful if AirBnB provided some easy property profile links that can be used by hosts to drop into social media websites like twitter, etc.  (Do these exist and I missed it?)

15 Replies 15
Stephanie6
Level 10
Boulder, CO

Hi @John147, I don't know how to submit suggestions to airbnb.  

1.  I agree that it would be helpful to be able to send guests an attachment.  I want to send a photo of the exterior to confirmed guests, but am not willing to put it in my listing for anyone to see.  

2. I use the desktop interface/website to email confirmed guests and "use a saved message" is a big improvement.  Now I have templates for checkin and checkout.  The app does not have the "template" feature.

3. Try this

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/923/how-can-i-share-or-embed-my-listing-on-other-websites

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @John147 and @Stephanie6,

Here is a way to provide feedback to Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

We have been hosting since last July and I don;t think I have ever come across an IT platform so riddled with bugs - and no improvement in the service either. The two rules; double check any reservation requests you receive to ensure that  you have not alread blocked those dates out as unavailale. Check the pricing for each booking as it has a mind of it;s own...

Don;t use Instant Book unless you want problems

Otherwise, hosting has been fun and rewarding both personallty and financially

Three suggestions - 

1) Have all pricing options on one screen including your own (IMHO awful) pricing model based on demand or whatever. I don't want to search for anything to do with pricing, surcharges, cleaning fees, taxes.

2) Even if you do not remit the taxes, permit the host to include the tax rate, and you collect the taxes for us, sending it to us in our payouts.

3) Permit the host to make free text notes ON the calendar when dates are blocked by us  so we can easily determine if they can be unblocked for a customer request.

Irina71
Level 2
Penàguila, Spain

Hi, think will be helpful to have a Airbnb host ID. Which will be easy to find in travelers search (just put some host I'd and you got the right host) 

Also it's will be helpful for host

advertising or if travelers like that host they can easy share with there friends (don't need to put full address in the search. Thanks Irina

Cyndy3
Level 2
Austin, TX

I wish AirBnb would offer a filter for condo, townhome, or house when I book in addition to Entire Place. I usually am looking for a house vs a condo as a guest. And as a host I offer a stand alone cabin vs condo .

Lauren187
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

I would like to submit suggestions to airbnb as well. As someone who regularly uses Airbnb over a hotel, its annoying when I try to book for myself + multiple people and the host counts a sofa or sofa bed as a bed. NOT OK. They should not be allowed to say a sofa is a bed, which is what they do in most cases. No one wants to fight about who's sleeping on the couch. If you cant fit a bed sheet on it (MEANING single, twin, queen, king),it shouldn't be considered a bed, and Airbnb should keep better track  of that. A bed is a bed!

Barbara618
Level 1
Grand Junction, CO

I would love to have a more moderate option between 24 hour cancellation and five days.  Two days would work better for me...or two and a half.

Irina71
Level 2
Penàguila, Spain

Could be grate to have a video  guide options for self check in/out. At the moment I use a Dropbox with video and send link with video to new guest. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Irina71@John147 and @Lauren187,

It is great to see you have ideas for what you would like to see implemented on Airbnb. 

I have a couple of suggestions, I would recommend creating a completely new topic here in the Community Center, to open up the discussion around this and get input from other hosts and community members here. This way it is a great way to gather more support around it and let the idea grow, plus see if it is popular with other hosts.

Also, you could then put an idea in to Host Voice which is an ideas board here in the Community Center, where the most supported 'ideas' featured, get reviewed by the Airbnb product team.

I look forward to seeing more about your ideas here in the Community Center and if you have any questions on how to do this, just reply to me (including the @ symbol and select my name) and I will get a notification. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

It would improve the search by the hosts stating what floor the condo is located on. Personally, I do not like to go above the 9th floor.

Thanks

Sandra

Alexandra815
Level 2
Paramount, CA

Hello guys just wanted to offer you guys my services 

We provide home/commercial cleaning services we  bring our 🌱organic 🌿🍃products meaning that we won’t use those dangerous fumes. 

Standard cleaning for homes : $ 65-$175

Deep cleaning for homes $ 120-$250

Offices : $25-$45 per hour 

We also do construction sites, moving out cleaning, vacation homes and more call me right now to get a free quote 3234074718

*mention this post to get my special discount* 

Ofrecemos servicios de limpieza en el hogar / comercial, traemos nuestros productos 🌿🌱orgánicos, 🍃lo que significa que no usaremos esos gases peligrosos.

Limpieza estándar para hogares: $ 65- $ 175

Limpieza profunda para hogares $ 120- $ 250

Oficinas: $ 25- $ 45 por hora 

También en areas de construcción, mudanzas, casas de vacaciones y más, llámame ahora mismo para obtener un presupuesto gratuito.

* Mencione esta publicación para obtener mi descuento especial *

Maid to clean
Mukesh-Kumar0
Level 1
Bihar, India

i can't reduce my price on Airbnb , 

Airbnb software is not allowing me to reduce my price.

I am not getting any business due to this.

And Airbnb is also not getting any business from my side.

Price would be flexible. It depends on property owner.

Kindly improve this Sir.

Abdul-Rauf0
Level 1
Calamba, Philippines

there’s a features on airbnb hosting  interface when using browser that you cannot find on Airbnb App:

1. Transaction History on the menu. 
2. Import/Export Calendar and sync. 

I hope they add these features on Airbnb App cuz it’s very hassle for us to use both app and browser version