How do you attract bookings on weekdays ?

Cecilia-Sofia0
Level 6
Tepoztlán, Mexico

How do you attract bookings on weekdays ?

Hi AIRBNB community!

I rent my bungalow in the garden of my house in Tepoztlán, Mexico, a little town near Mexico City.  Most of my guests are young couples that want to escape the big city on the weekends and come to my bungalow to relax in the garden and pool.  I always have bookings for the weekends, but almost never in the weekdays.

How do you attract bookings for the rest of the week in a place that is mostly for relaxing in the weekends?

Should I put the place as another AIRBNB listing much cheaper and with other features?

Maybe as an artist/writer retreat?

Other options?

Thank you for you comments! 

13 Replies 13
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

What a lovely listing you have, @Cecilia-Sofia0 !  You know your market well, so you are appealing to weekenders and not business people or students.  You could explore reducing your weekday rates which might appeal to those travelers who are able to extend their weekend into a long one.  Also, that might entice a traveler that is on holiday or is retired.   Just a couple of thoughts.  Good luck!!

Thank you for your comments @Linda108 !  

That is a very good idea!!!! Never though of it but I think a lot of the couples would love an extra night at a lower cost.... 

THANK YOU!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Cecilia-Sofia0 My listing is VERY weekend heavy. I don’t mind, I more than meet my financial goals with just weekend traffic & enjoy the quiet weekdays. 

As @Linda108 says a lower price or a different discount structure could encourage either adding a day to the weekend or a mid-week guest. But I would also suggest you test the market to see how much income you can bring for those weekend guests. (My weekend rates are double to nearly triple the weekday...)

Thanks @Kelly149 , exactly!!! Maybe is not worth the work if I lower to much the price...

@Cecilia-Sofia0Right!! Revenue matters more than occupancy 

so, sure, keep studying your market. Look for ways to target travelers you want (like @Sarah977 ) and adjust as needed. But there is a supply/demand tipping point that isn’t worth diving beneath

@Kelly149  Excellent suggestion here.   But I agree with her:  test it

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Cecilia-Sofia0 

Our weekends are always booked so we are happy to keep the price a bit high at $115/night (though many lesser places in our area charge up to $250/night).

We lower the Sunday-Thursday rate down to $75/night. 

Any weekday that is open in the next 7 days is always lowered to $60/night to get road trippers and business travelers who have to pay out of pocket. 

The $60 cleaning fee remains the same for all days.

Thanks for sharing how you price each day @Emily487 , I am going to experiment with days and prices...

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Cecilia-Sofia0  I would suggest that you add some wording to your listing to attract the type of guests who would book during the week.  Artist/writer retreat is the right idea. Feel free to read through my listing info, as I do exactly that. And it attracts exactly the type of guests I want. 

Love your description @Sarah977 , it is very useful for the way I want to present the listing for weekdays,  sometimes young people from Mexico City need a day off in the weekdays to concentrate on a project also, I am going to experimento with a description for all that and pricing... thank you!

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

In addition to suggestions above, usewheelhouse.com can help with appropriate pricing.

Thank yo @Lisa723 , I am going check the website!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Cecilia-Sofia0 ,

Great topic! It would be great if, after you have applied some of the advise shared here, you can let us know how your bookings improved!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines