How do you check that the person who makes the reservation is the one staying at the home?

How do you check that the person who makes the reservation is the one staying at the home?

Change in who is staying was client and guest now 4 men. First time letting should i be worried?

4 Replies 4
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

Did all 4 already check in? Did you meet them? Or are you finding this information out via email before occupancy?

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hi @Vanessa267,

It is against the company's rules to book for someone else.  If you let them in , you won't be protected by airbnb if anything happens to your place.

This reservation should be cancelled.  I recommend strongly that you do not do it. Call the company and have them do the cancelling. They will when the situation is against their rules, and they levy significant penalties to hosts who cancel.

You would be forgiven the penalties as this is against the rules, but it would be a bit of a headache for you, and why not avoid that?

Last, my symapathies that this happened with your first booking.  This does happen, but most guests are totally legit and great. Don't be dismayed..

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Will you write again to let us know you are okay, and how you handled it, @Vanessa267? You didn't let them in?

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Yes you need to feel safe. Is it four golfing fanatics? I see you have the British open on your listing.