How do you create a great working partnership?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How do you create a great working partnership?

Great partnerships.jpg

Hello hello,

I know many of you have people you reply on to help you when you are hosting, like cleaners, co-hosts, family members and juggling lots of things is not always easy. You often need to have a group of trustworthy people around you.

How do you make sure you select people you can reply on? Do you have last minute helpers that can give you an extra-hand or someone who is always there?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

32 Replies 32
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Lizzie! I think I will never be able to talk anyone into taking over the cleaning here, as it is a long trek on a footpath, carrying everything in and out. My neighbours aren't crazy enough for that.

But I have a fantastic arrangement just now with the canoe/kayak outfitter in the next town over. Between us, we can get a guest launched upstream to paddle in to the treehouse, and manage all the logistics of moving their vehicle, returning the canoe, etc. We're working on a bicycle scheme as well. There is next to no tourism in our region, and so it is pretty exciting.

Exciting for us, that is. Again, those sane neighbours aren't convinced 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Awww @Lawrene0, you know my weakeness for kayaking, this just sounds a dream. It's fantastic you are create great partnership with local outdoor activity centers and managing the logistics. Perhaps you could think about offering an Airbnb Experience further down the line? 

I think this is exciting. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sounds like a fabulous place for a getaway vacation...We will keep you in mind! 

Rose297
Level 2
Barryville, NY

hi  i have 5 airbnb that i clean . so how do i work with you to put a ad for air bnb in my area and  i do catering to only my airbnb but i like to put a ad out ther for other a air bnb  too  thank you love for info 

Mondosol0
Level 2
Hønefoss, Norway

Hi everyone

my name is Elio

I think this is such an interesting topic for the Airbnb community so thanks @Lizzie. On the way to grotwh our company Mondosol from zero to more than 200 listings (not forgetting local attention @Paul1255 ) we pay very much attention on building our local partnership.

At the moment we are developing in 6 countries and 2 continents so we are always looking to impact hospitality. I really enojoy all these tips specially from @Emily. 

I have created a Facebook Group for Local Partner and you are more than welcome to join where you can find photographers, cleaners, runners and many more partners you need to operate in hospitality. 

Elio Mondosol
May127
Level 2
กทม, TH

Hi everyone, besides trying to use the cleaning services in my town to find which maid is the best that I can rely on. I also organize mini seminar about the art of hospitality to people in my area. Some of them who joined my class are intersted to be the host or co host but don't know how to start. We have our private group after that. Only a few of them took action to build their 1st listing and was going to become my co host or I become thier co host, etc.  

DIY 

Alejandro527
Level 2
Mexico City, Mexico

Great topic, it is always interesting to learn from different experiences. 

In my case, I teamed up with my brother and from there and on the team has grown into a solid network. My brother has a background on hospitality and helps me entirely to manage  the cleaning services and house maintenance. He has a team of his own where he has hard working people he completely trust to take care of the gardens, the pool, the cleaning services, etc. I can say it wasn’t easy reaching this point.

From my side, I am focused mainly on the costumer service and managing all the bookings. I am thankful I got a reliable team I can trust on. 

My last guest checked out this Sunday and on their review they emphasized on the great support he got from one of our employees. This makes all the difference and makes me believe we are doing some things right.

Alex
Anne-1
Level 2
Rimini, Italy

Hi all..just asking for suggestions here..what are the articles that every airbnb should have...ie..hairdryer..washer..kitchen appliances..things for ironing..etc...suggestions please?

Hi @Anne-1! I see you’re writing from Italy. Rimini is the ideal town for a short break.

You have to have:

° Internet = if you choose not to provide free wi-fi internet for guests, you pretty much do so at your own risk

° Trivets = foreigners do not know the Moka and often put it down still warm on the tables and kitchen tops ruining them: don't bury trivets in the drawers, leave them in plain sight

° Kettle = essential to Saxon tourists

° Garbage bags = leave at least one roll

° Mattress protector = fundamental to the life of mattress

° Toilet paper = the right amount of it: science is still investigating why the guests use toilet paper more than necessary

My “team” is my mother and I! 

I have a small guesthouse we specifically built as an Airbnb. We take turns or team up. We pack up a storage box which has linen, towels etc. We pack it as soon as we do laundry so it’s always ready in case one of us is busy. We’re at the level where we’re expanding. Moving out of my house and airbnb’ing that. We’re excited to expand! 

I am also looking forward to expanding with my brother as well. 

Everyone thinks we’re crazy! I love it! 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Well, one way to create a good partnership is to build trust, as you say. And, if I had to let the 'helper' go for some reason, I would tell them why. Speaking of which, does anyone know why some long-term, dedicated superhosts keep getting 'disappeared' around here (their accounts are closed with no explanation or recourse)? Doesn't help to build a trusting partneship between hosts and Airbnb Corporate, and frankly, I find these sudden, mysterious account closings minus any explanation to be most disturbing.

Anne-1
Level 2
Rimini, Italy

I am still awaiting a response from cleanairbnb..have contacted them and they say they will put a host in my area in contact(rimini) and no one calls...starting to wonder about them..just redoing the apartment a bit..if no one answers then will go on my own...but very non professionable apon their part.. 

Ирина31
Level 1
Yekaterinburg, Russia

Да, было бы замечательно с кем-то посотрудничать) О себе: есть три обьекта в Екатеринбурге: однокомнатная  квартира, студия и двушка.. С удовольстием пообщаюсь с кем то по поводу обмена гостями через сервис второй хозяин.

Anne-Marie78
Level 4
Portrush, United Kingdom

Great answer - thank-you!