How do you define "party"?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

How do you define "party"?

We don't book parties or events on Airbnb. We do so through other means. Our cottage is listed for four adult guests (we make exceptions for 5 people if there are kids.) But that's all. 

So we had a booking for a "girls weekend" for four adults. We got a call from our cleaners that it was a mess so we went to inspect. Liquor and beer bottles overflowing recycling and left in the fridge. Counters and main area sticky and cup rings on furniture.Bath overflowed in the bathroom and floors still damp at 2pm when the group had checked out at 9:45. It was clearly epic. 

After pulling out our industrial fan to dry the floors and helping scrub down the place I am still wondering "was this a party?' Four guests arrived as booked per the outdoor cam. But whatever they did they clearly had a raucous 48 hours. 

How do you define a "party" at your space? What would you do if you suspected a party had happened due to the aftermath of cleanup?

16 Replies 16

@Alice595  I don't think that dinner being served has anything to do with "party" definition, altho that may have been the situations you yourself experienced. There are many young people (and not so young) who throw a big, non-permitted party where dinner doesn't enter into the equation. It's just a big drunk-up with loud music and loud everything and all out-of-control.

@Sarah977  I should revise the dinner to be dinner and/or alcoholic drink are served:-) to make it more complete for my definition.