How far out are you normally booked?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

How far out are you normally booked?

Just looking for a temperature check. I have been getting bookings for next fall and an inquiry for 2021, and thought "wow people really plan ahead!" I am not in any kind of serious tourist destination area so it seems a little odd. How far in the future are you normally booked?

16 Replies 16

@Laura2592  You can adjust your calendar settings so that all future dates  are blocked by default, and selectively open up a range of time you're confident that you can commit to. I think a 2-3 month range of availability works well enough. 

I highly recommend ignoring the automated notes from Airbnb on pricing. They're not designed to help you make a profit - they're just using you to price other platforms out of the market.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I am usually booked far out, at least two months. I get nervous if I have open weekends a month out and start lowering prices little by little. My high season (May-August) fills up by end of February. 

@Emilia42 while this should theoretically be true about having too low prices if booked far out, I am wondering why I rarely get booked at my rates if I happen to have an open window in a month out range. I am thinking because I rent out a whole house and usually have bigger groups (girl trips, reunions, etc), those just happen to plan in advance.