How have your hosting business relationships changed?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How have your hosting business relationships changed?

Liv_0-1619452370604.png

Hey everyone,

I know that many of you have trusted co-hosts who assist in the management of your listing, which is especially helpful for Hosts who don’t live near their Airbnb.

I’m assuming that a great amount of that collaborative work was already done online, but I’m curious to know if the pandemic has transformed any aspect of how you and your partner work as a team. 🤓

What has recently changed in the way you and your co-host work together? How do you communicate and organise things when managing your listing?

Thanks,

Liv

5 Replies 5

Co-hosting has been another income stream for me and it helps my neighbor who wouldn't be able to manage his rental himself, so it's been great! The only thing is that the City of Madison (WI) will not allow my name, as co-host, to appear on Airbnb's site. It's a huge monkey wrench. I just wanted Airbnb to know about that. I've been a Superhost at my own house for nearly about 6 years, as long as the program has existed. I'm about to open up a new Airbnb in a historic house in Arena, WI and am so excited about the restoration project! 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Samantha-and-Bruce0,

Thanks for sharing! Do you also have a co-host helping you with your own listing?

Good luck with the new house, that sounds exciting 😊

No, I don't have a co-host for our own listing. I have wanted to remain the primary contact and I have made it my priority. It's fun!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh, that's lovely @Samantha-and-Bruce0! I'm glad to hear you've been having fun with hosting 😊

Keshav7
Host Advisory Board Member
New Delhi, India

Not a home host, an experience host here. But talking of co-hosting, just wanted to give a huge shout out to our country manager Sharan, who activated cohosting last month for Indian Online Experiences. 

She talked about how cohosting in experiences was still challenging in India due to record checks of each person and how online experiences had zero physical interaction and hence it was activated for Indian hosts! Great feature! 

Passionate about life!