How large is your Airbnb guidebook?

Cindy62
Level 3
California, United States

How large is your Airbnb guidebook?

I am working on a guidebook with about 110 locations now. I'll need to add some more details to each location. What do you think is a good-sized guidebook? Minimum/maximum number of locations? Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I haven't had one guest (out of almost 100) ever comment or notice my guidebook. 

Hi Cynthia & Chris,

I was searching through this forum and some people mentioned that their guests were printing out the host-authored guidebooks. I've been adding more to my guidebook since my last guest wanted restaurant recommendations. I'll probably print one out myself once I get it nice and ready. Thank you for sharing yours!

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

@Cindy62 I do not have a guidebook, but I have official guidebooks of the city and many leaflets and pamphlets about local attractions as well as maps, etc. I also leave detailed maps for the two bus-lines that are the closest to us.

Beth44
Level 10
Flagstaff, AZ

I had an Airbnb guidebook that was approximately 6 pages however I dropped it as editing it became cumbersome. I switched to a Hostfully guidebook after meeting the company reps at Airbnb Festival in LA 2016. My current guidebook is about 8 pages back to back. Many of my guests do use the guidebook for practical issues about the apartment as well as refer to my recommendations. I keep a copy of it in the unit. I would not worry about length so much as content. What do you think guests want to know about navigating your listing and your area?