How long before our review of a guest shows up on their profile?

Answered!
Linda-Michael0
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

How long before our review of a guest shows up on their profile?

We just wrote a review for our most recent guests and it is not showing on their profile.

We'd like to know when it will show up there.

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Linda-Michael0

When you say "Your most recent guest" this infers that you have reviewed guests in the past and understand how the review process works.

But just in case you are not familiar, both host and guest are offered a 14 day review window within 24 hours of the scheduled date the guest departs. There are no exceptions to that, and notifications prompts are given during that 14 day period to make use of this review facility. If you miss that 14 day deadline you will not be able to take any further part in the review process and the review window cannot be re-opened.

When you write a review of a guest, Airbnb will hold that review as pending until such time as they receive the guests review. As soon as Airbnb receive both reviews they will simultaneously post each review on the others page.

If you each write a review in the first 24 hours, both will be published at the point where they are both received. If the guest chooses not to review you, but you have reviewed them, then your review will appear on their review page after the 14 day window has elapsed, but nothing will appear on your page.

Once both host and guests reviews are published each will have the opportunity to leave a public review response which will appear directly under the review. If you do not post a review of the guest and they post a review of you, you will not be offered the right to respond publicly to their review . You will have forfeited the right to take any further part in that particular review process.

During that 14 day window you will be offered a 48 hour period from the time you submitted the review to edit your review of the guest if you feel you would like to change something. But this editing ability only remains until the guests review is received. Once both reviews are received no further editing is possible by either host or guest.

You can track your reviews, yhose written by you and those received via this link...

https://www.airbnb.ca/users/reviews

At times reviews may be delayed if the system is under maintenance but everything is backed up and reviews are not lost and, if they have been written, they will be published.

@Linda-Michael0  I hope this helps you.

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Linda-Michael0It won't show until 14 days after the stay, or when they write you a review, whichever comes first. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Linda-Michael0

When you say "Your most recent guest" this infers that you have reviewed guests in the past and understand how the review process works.

But just in case you are not familiar, both host and guest are offered a 14 day review window within 24 hours of the scheduled date the guest departs. There are no exceptions to that, and notifications prompts are given during that 14 day period to make use of this review facility. If you miss that 14 day deadline you will not be able to take any further part in the review process and the review window cannot be re-opened.

When you write a review of a guest, Airbnb will hold that review as pending until such time as they receive the guests review. As soon as Airbnb receive both reviews they will simultaneously post each review on the others page.

If you each write a review in the first 24 hours, both will be published at the point where they are both received. If the guest chooses not to review you, but you have reviewed them, then your review will appear on their review page after the 14 day window has elapsed, but nothing will appear on your page.

Once both host and guests reviews are published each will have the opportunity to leave a public review response which will appear directly under the review. If you do not post a review of the guest and they post a review of you, you will not be offered the right to respond publicly to their review . You will have forfeited the right to take any further part in that particular review process.

During that 14 day window you will be offered a 48 hour period from the time you submitted the review to edit your review of the guest if you feel you would like to change something. But this editing ability only remains until the guests review is received. Once both reviews are received no further editing is possible by either host or guest.

You can track your reviews, yhose written by you and those received via this link...

https://www.airbnb.ca/users/reviews

At times reviews may be delayed if the system is under maintenance but everything is backed up and reviews are not lost and, if they have been written, they will be published.

@Linda-Michael0  I hope this helps you.

Cheers.....Rob

Hello!

I have written a review for my host, and my host informed me that they had written one also. All of the reviews are within 14 days time frame, and I have not seen it published yet. Also, when I checked the review page, it stated I had not completed one yet. Should I wait after the 14 days to follow up or should I reach out now? Any feedback helps! Thank you!

-Tyff

@Tyff0 Did you remember to click on "submit" after writing the review? If so, you should contact Airbnb to find out why your review isn't showing.

Yes, I submitted it twice. On the review page, it doesn't give me an option either. My past trip is not listed tp do a review. I will reach out to AirBnb. Thank you!

I'm currently having the same problem. Were you able to resolve it with Airbnb?

I am also having the same problem. Any insight is welcomed.
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Diane622 wrote:
I am also having the same problem. Any insight is welcomed.

What seems to be the issue @Diane622  ?  Have both you and the guest given a review?  Once you have both given a review, it shows up immediately. Otherwise, if one side doesn't give a review, then the other side's review takes 14 days to appear.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Actually, the last review I wrote (and the guest had already submitted one), didn't appear immediately, as it normally does. It didn't show up until almost 2 days later. Yet another glitch, I guess.