How long have you been a Superhost?

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

How long have you been a Superhost?

The April evaluations have just passed. What has been your longest run of quarters (evaluations) with keeping your Superhost status? I'm sure there are a few hosts here that have crested the 20 straight quarters mark. Our goal right now is 25 quarters so roughly another 3 years of work to hit that goal. We reached 14 quarters with this past evaluation so fingers crossed for the additional 11.     

65 Replies 65
Jim40
Level 3
Mashpee, MA

I’m 11 for 11 since eligibility...quite a ways still for 25.  Good luck!

Solid job @Jim40. Internet high five to you.

25 is calling your name.

Thanks, folks...much appreciated!  And back at you!

Where do I look to see how many times we've qualified? 

Thanks!

@Megan-And-Rich0 . My annoucement email includes this information.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

I am also 11 for 11. I feel like an underachiever since I don’t have a goal!

@Susan151: There is a level of overachiever that you have already met by becoming a Superhost. I think you are good.  

Jody79
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I’m impressed with all of you @Barry-and-Lera0 @Susan151 @Jim40 ! We just qualified for the first time, hoping to be able to keep it. Great job hosts! 🙂

@Jody79  I just qualified for the first time too.  I hope I can keep going with it!

Great job @Susan1404 !  Someday perhaps we can both celebrate making superhosts 11 times in a row 🙂

Jody, thank you!  And welcome to the "club!"

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Barry-and-Lera0   @Jody79 @Susan1404 @Jim40  @Susan151 

Well I have just notched up my 14th.........

Superhost again.png

You sort of take them for granted after a while but, they do mean something to me.

I have just had a farewell evening for the guests who have been here for the last 8 nights....a couple of professors from Helsinki. 

There were tears all round as we gave each other a hug. They will be gone early in the morning and I am sad that they are going. Chris and I have downed a few hundred dollars worth of good wine and Ade and Laura got on so well....it's like we have had friends all our lives here for the past 8 nights.

I am sure my Superhost status will not be at risk because of this stay.

I have Airbnb to thank for yet another great experience and I can't wait for Laura and Chris to return!

Cheers......Rob

Amazing job @Robin4!!

@Barry-and-Lera0 

It's not me, it's the guests I get.

Being here on the CC daily makes you 'jumpy' because of all the negative issues we read.

But at night time I get to spend time with my guests. I am a host who hosts....and I can't tell you how many nights have been spent amongst my wine with great company and a bit of music.

I feel just the luckiest guy that this is happening to.

We had a guest by the name of Joy here last week. She is a music teacher in the South Australian country city of Whyalla. She brought her guitar with her, sang and played the most beautiful somber song (written by her sister) I have ever heard. It was such an honour just to sit and listen to her with her beautiful voice and guitar mastery. She is coming back again and I can't wait. I am practicing songs I can play with her next time.........how bloody good does life get!

Barry....or Lera, I really think we get out of hosting what we are prepared to put into it, maybe I just have a lucky run but I don't think so. I think my reviews tell prospective guests what they are in for and I think they make the effort to make it work as well.

Cheers......Rob