How long have you been a Superhost?

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

How long have you been a Superhost?

The April evaluations have just passed. What has been your longest run of quarters (evaluations) with keeping your Superhost status? I'm sure there are a few hosts here that have crested the 20 straight quarters mark. Our goal right now is 25 quarters so roughly another 3 years of work to hit that goal. We reached 14 quarters with this past evaluation so fingers crossed for the additional 11.     

65 Replies 65
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Charles224 

Urban Cellars....you are kiddin Charles!!.

I use two online wine auctions sites and I am in up to 80 wine auctions a day. I nominate the wines I want to purchase and I set a ceiling price of $15 per bottle. Now nobody gives away $40-$70 bottles of wine for $15 and I will go many months without scoring a solitary win!

But.....it might be 11.45pm on a Friday night, the boss has taken the secretary away for the weekend and the wife has found out, and she says....."Your wine cellar mate, is history!" and I will pick up a heap of good wine for $15 per bottle.

Charles, you have to be 'streetsmart'!!

There is no way I could afford what that wine would have cost from Urban Cellars.

And because it is so cheap Charles I am not precious about it.

I made the mistake with my early wins of drinking from the bottom up! Every time I would front up to the cellar I was always looking for the worst bottle in the rack.......every bottle I pulled out I would think..."Nah, that's a bit good" and grab for something else. The problem with that is....by the time I got to the really good stuff, it was over the hill!

Now I drink from the top down!

Cheers......Rob

@Michelle-And-Michael0  @Jody79  @Barry-and-Lera0 

Michelle, I am solely to blame for what happens because I get the ball rolling before the guest even arrives!

I will quite often use an acceptance message like this......

Emeric welcome.png

When guests get a message like that they have a fair idea that a good time awaits them....we have got off on the right foot and a good night is assured.

Here is the review that guest left for that stay.....

emeric review.png

Like I said before, I think we get out of hosting what we are prepared to put into it!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4 ...... What an amazing wine cellar!! I won't show Michael, he would be jealous! 

I think it's a great idea that you put an invitation out there even before they arrive.... that way they have time to decide if they would like to join you, or excuse themselves. I bet you don't get too many refusals though, with a wine cellar like that! 

You’re very brave https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6818 Robin.

I don’t offer Flexi departure times, in print, prior to arrival. I take each case at it comes, my turnaround requirements, work commitments, guests needs etc. The check in depends on flight or road arrival times and where I’m at with cleaning...

I don’t want guests to assume this is the norm, then strike a blow at someone who has to be strict both side of the check process. If they want an extra twelve hours, I charge a half day rate.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Barry-and-Lera0 🙂

I have been a host since 2014 and have been a superhost 19 times in a row. Hopefully I will have 20 in a row in July :-). Don't know how that happened as my home is small and not luxurious in any way.

Best, Sandra 

@Sandra856: I knew there was someone out there that has dwarfed us all. Congratulations! I'm sure you will reach 20 without a problem. Luxury isn't needed as long as the experience for guests is topnotch. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is incredible @Sandra856, what an amazing achievement. 

Thank you for being such a great host and just think of all the lasting memories you have created for your guests over the past 5 year - pretty cool. 

Wishing you all the best for no. 20. My fingers and toes are crossed for you. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you very much, Lizzie (I can't tag you, sorry) 🙂

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm at 19 too, Sandra (taggig not working!)

Robert969
Level 3
Trumbull, CT

My ego (and my bank) appreciate the Superhost status.  Although I don't count them, I do like to get that email and the badge.  Just keep doing what you are doing and do it consistently.  Then you'll get to the next level...and why stop at 25...keep going!  

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

13/13 here...

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Congratulations @Barry-and-Lera0 , @Lisa723 , @Alon1 , @Michelle-And-Michael0 , @Susan in Somerville, and @Susan in Covington, @Jim, @Robin, @Michelle And Michael, @Jody. And for you @Sandra, wow! So well done! 

I’m a baby at this, starting Airbnb end of May 2016, after hosting international homestays for students studying English in our Darwin university. With a short tourist season, you have to work hard for success, to help with the quieter months.... you hosts who are 52 weeks of the year, well I take my hat off to you all and salute!

Hi Cathie.... sorry, I couldn't tag you! We only started in August 2017.... but yes, we do year round hosting with only breaks when we want to go away ourselves. 

But what a wonderful thing that you do..... International Student homestays!! That must be very rewarding in itself. I bet you've made some lifelong connections there too! 

I Salute You!! 🙂 :))

Yes we have made good friends. We would have two students at the same time, never from the same  country or base language. After all, they were here for English. Some conversational and some academic English. Most already held a degree from law to electronic engineering or were life skilled seeking more from life. Youngest 23, the eldest was 36 at the time. All very much individuals  from Switzerland, Germany, Japan, Sri Lanka and China.

One gorgeous young lady has house and dog sat for us when we’ve travelled.

We also fit Airbnb in around family and  friends, and our travels. In fact, some of July is blocked for a backyard wedding. We’ve bought so many different overhead and ground light styles to make the magic!

For us, that’s the beauty of Airbnb home hosting. We get to choose the balance, rather than be locked into a long term rental agreement... making no room for visiting family members. And truthfully, we wouldn’t rent it out long term, so the space would otherwise be empty!

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

I um... only just qualified lol.  1 for 1? lol...

Honestly, I haven't thought about it much.  I've just been focusing on doing a good job with the Airbnb... the hosting... getting our pricing right... listening to what guests want... I figured it would happen when it happens.  The disappointing thing was, after my Superhost status went up, it made absolutely no difference to my search rankings.  None at all! I was expecting at least a 4, maybe 5 placement uplift or something.  But it changed nothing.  Also, all the other superhosts on the platform in my city (we have a separate group where we connect) have been saying all their bookings have dried up for April (autumn here) whereas I'm at 100% occupancy in April, which was all booked before I even got my superhost tag... so buggered if I know what it's supposed to do... it certainly can't make me any busier.  Right now, I think my direct marketing is doing more than anything on the Airbnb platform, superhost or not.