How long have you been a Superhost?

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

How long have you been a Superhost?

The April evaluations have just passed. What has been your longest run of quarters (evaluations) with keeping your Superhost status? I'm sure there are a few hosts here that have crested the 20 straight quarters mark. Our goal right now is 25 quarters so roughly another 3 years of work to hit that goal. We reached 14 quarters with this past evaluation so fingers crossed for the additional 11.     

65 Replies 65

Hi @Ben551 🙂

I agree with you. I don't think it means a lot when it comes to how many bookings you get etc. like you write. 

But I'm currently in a situation were I really wish I had booked with a superhost. I booked a place in Oslo, Norway a couple of weeks ago. 5 days ago I decided that I would like to extend the booking but because I used the 100 dollar superhost voucher I got last year I can't alter the booking as usual. So I wrote to the host. And I wrote to him again and again. Today, 10 AM, I wrote an old fashioned SMS using the host phone number. I still haven't heard a thing. So tomorrow I'm gonna contact Airbnb. It really annoys me because I need to book transport tickets etc. and I'm almost certain that this most likely would not have happend if it had been a superhost I had booked with. So I think a least the superhost badge means that the guest can count on a certain level of hospitality and on getting an answer if writing to a host 🙂 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sandra856 

Oh Sandra, you can't use a voucher on an existing booking...or the extention of an existing booking. You can only use it for a totally new booking! I know, painful but that's the way it is.

It is no surprise to me that you lead the field here with your consecutive run of superhost quarters. You typify what Airbnb should be, you present a beautiful comfortable room in a nice environment. 

We all respect you Sandra, don't belittle yourself, nearly all of us would like to have your hosting record behind us.

Good luck with that trip!

Cheers......Rob

Hi @Robin4 🙂

I already used the voucher when I booked so it is not that I want to use it know. If I try to extend the stay the new amount I have to pay is much higher than it should be. So what mean is that I can't change or extend a reservation where a voucher has been used when first booked. That is why I need the host to help me and guess what he still didn't answer me. It really, really annoyes me. I could instant book the day I need but then I would have to pay more than double up because of the cleaning fee.

And thank you for your kind words, Robin! I means a lot 🙂 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sandra856 

OK, I understand, you used the voucher for the trip when booking, but virtually lost the value of it when you wanted to extend......Geezz this lot have something to answer for, they are like Hydra, they give with one head and take away with ten!!! They make sure they don't miss out!

It may be that your host is not presently contactable but, it would be nice if he helped out here.

I find myself in this situation on odd occasions but I have learned to work it out with the guest....it does seem that CX are too bound down with rules and although they are easily contactable they can sometimes complicate a situation rather than help it!

As far as the voucher is concerned, I just get one voucher a year and Sandra I don't complicate things I just use it to book somewhere and it all seems to work ok, but hey, I feel for you in this situation.

And, great that you did but, don't thank me for the words, you have earned every single one of them! I thank hosts like you because that is how I learned.

Cheers.......Rob

@Robin4 luckily I haven't lost anything yet because I could see the new amount didn't add up. So I didn't alter the reservation. And I have read in here that it is so easy to loose the voucher. What I want him to do is to block of the extra day I need and then just request the extra money through the resolution center. It would take less than 2 minutes 😕

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ben551 

I seem to remember I was there in 2016.

I just had a dinner with Kate Hannan the public relations officer for Airbnb in Australia and I remember I was so proud of achieving it I excitedly said to her..."The only difference between me an a 200 review Superhost is two years"!

So there you go Ben, give it time.....

New kid on the block.jpg

Cheers......Rob

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Hahahaha omg @Robin4 i love it! And I feel honoured to have a sheep themed cartoon with my name in it. Does that mean I’ve made it as a Kiwi now? 😄 sheepy baptism?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ben551 

I put you on a pedestal.....I don't know whether that's deserved yet!!

But, you do have that totally smug, supercilious look on your face that say ...."Watch yr arse's, I am coming after you"!!

Sarah and I are quaking in our.....hoof's !!!!    :-))

Cheers......Rob

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

**bleep** @Robin4 ... you’re on to me... *rubs chin*

Oh @Rowena29 sorry I didn’t answer your question about direct marketing, sorry. See this post: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Do-you-use-direct-marketing-for-your-Airbnb/m-p/966091#M...

Hi @Ben551 

Direct marketing strategy?

You have me intrigued.....

Also have been meaning to ask - when you and Angel go away, - as you did recenlty for a break and also again over Easter I think - do you continue to host? or do you black out those dates?

Cheers

Rowena

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Rowena29 That’s always the judgement call isn’t it. We have no fixed rule to be honest.

Last time we left before a booking quite ended and had someone do the post inspection and major clean, so less to do when we returned. But we didn’t have another checkin until we came back. We lost a few days out of the deal.

We have some regular guests now who are set to return for 2 weeks (Team Dubai!! Search the forum for that saga lol). I would have no issue going away while they are staying. So for now it depends on the guests.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rowena29  @Ben551 

Hi there Rowena, I have built up a series of contact over the past few years and when I want to get away for a few weeks I offer each of them the use of the cottage facility for half price. 

I don't make a lot but, I don't have any outlay either. They look after the place for me....water the garden, get the mail in, pull the roller down at night and keep the place looking as though it is lived in.

Whenever this happens I never have any shortage of takers and at the end of it I still end up with a few hundred dollars in my pocket.....it works really well!

Cheers.....Rob

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Great idea @Robin4 I’ll remember this idea.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Barry-and-Lera0 I've been a SH  since 1st July 2015 so that is 19 times on the trot now.  I've been hosting on Airbnb since I retired and on the whole  it has been far more fun than working as part of a Criminal Defence team!  Like Robin, I am a "hands on" host, no lock  boxes or anything like that - I welcome all my guests personally and they have the entire top floor of our three storey home plus a breakfast which I set out in our kitchen diner on the ground floor.  It's a system that seems to work well, the guests like it and I get great reviews so I'll just keep going!

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm in the '19 club' too. Hoping for a special prize at 20, maybe?