Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How many guests can you accommodate?

how many guests_ .png

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

Recently, I have been checking Airbnb properties and could see that some hosts offer accommodation for up to 16 people! Having seen this, made me wonder how many people your listing can accommodate and also why your place is perfect for a specific amount of guests?

Please feel free to share any useful tips & tricks here in the CC!

I'd love to hear your answers 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

16 Replies 16
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

LOL. Your question reminded me of my youth, travelling with my sports team.

We would book a hotel room with 2 queen beds and hopefully a couch.

We'd put the 2 mattresses on the floor. 4 people would share the remaining beds, 4 people would share the 2 mattresses on the floor, and one would get the sofa.  The others just slept on the floor. We didnt care. We were young, tired from playing hard all day. Probably drunk too!

9 - 12 people for the price for 4 people.

As a host now, I recoil of that possiblility happening to me. But karma's a b****

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

I can host up to two adults.  I have one bed. They must be willing to sleep together.  

My cottage also hosts two adults in one queen bed. My first rental ever, was supposed to be for a guy and his girlfriend. Two twenty something guys showed up, because the girlfriend could not come after all. When I pointed out there was only one bed, they told me someone could just sleep on the couch. I don't want that!  I was not happy, and felt they misrepresented their party. What would my rights have been? Could I have told them they had to leave my beautiful Couples Retreat?

Carol-Lee1
Level 9
Montevallo, AL

I list for two but can approve a third as long as two sleep in one bed and the other takes the blow up twin bed.  I’ve considered putting in a double bed and offering it for 4 but it’s not a large apartment and once more than two are there the noise level as well as cleaning (linens, towels) and use of snacks, coffee, etc. goes up.  I currently charge $30 for an extra guest and for me, if it keeps a third person away that’s a good thing.  

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Up to 9 in the whole flat. But that's for a short stay, let's say a concert 😉 (that nmber of 9 reached on such a night). There are two mezzanines (not possible to be represented in Airbnb options, thinking of putting it up for consideration). For longer stays - each room good for 2 people, which gives a total of 4.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Gina32
Level 10
Bridport, Australia

My largest appartment has sleeping positions for  maximum of 7 people. I do not provide any further temporary bedding arrangements or allow overloading of my property. Overloading puts stress on the infrastructure and our resources like "rain water" 

My main property is a 40 acre rural property with 7 different accommodation "units" therefore I can take groups of up to 20-25 people, which works well for family groups, perfect for reunions or weddings, or golfing groups.

Team-Taylor0
Level 2
Ewa Beach, HI

I have 2 rooms and 3 beds for a total of 6 guests. My place is perfect for family vacations. We offer everything a family will need to enjoy their time ehile saving $$

You didn't mention number of bathrooms 

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Our Airbnb listing is a 3 bedroom, 2 full bathroom house.  We have king size beds in 2 bedrooms and 2 twin beds in the third room.  We limit our occupany to 6 persons.  This way everyone is in a real bed.  We prefer the sofa not be used as a bed.  The dining room and kitchen tables each seat 6 persons.  We charge the same nightly rate if the house is rented for 1 person or 6 persons. 

Hi @Quincy

As I've mentioned in other posts, my listing is a single occupancy private room in my home. Henry and I thought about having a double or queen size bed but decided the room would seem too cramped and we wouldn't have room for a desk so we have a super single bed for one 🙂 

For short-term guests, we could (if we wanted to) offer a foldable floor mat (local version of blow-up air mattress) for a second guest but then the room might feel a bit cramped and even if guests say it's okay (that they understand and don't mind etc.) we felt it could still be something that people might complain about later or we might even end up with someone wanting to sleep in the living room or on the sofa, so we've decided to focus on having ONE happy guest at a time.

I know I'm almost a year late, but this is my current situation. I definitely have a spare bedroom that could be used with an actual bed. But I have the "den" with a sectional, and enough room for an air mattress. The sectional is not the comfiest thing to sleep on, and I feel that the air mattress might crowd the room. Might just do the one spare bedroom.

Gabriel25
Level 2
Key Biscayne, FL

Increasing the number of guests opens up your home to more travelers, and also potentially more income. My home has 14 beds and my listing price is for 14 people, plus $10 for each additional. Having 5 full/qeen/king size beds and additional sofa beds and portables, I am able to accomodate a lot more, and make an extra $50-$100 per day for the same home (a bit more utilities). 

In my listing I detail the number and types of beds, each family will decide if they are comfortable in the layout and if the price is right.

Go ahead, increase your occupancy and get extra income.

Forgot to mention, it is a 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom house plus two living rooms. There is a sixth bedroom in a separate apartment within the property that some guest use it for maids & cooks others ask to bring the mattresses into the main house, and others like the privacy and use that bedroom. I only include it when the group is 20 or larger.

We have a queen bed in a bedroom, and a queen sofabed in the living room. We list the capacity as 4 people.

We recently acquired a rollaway that can also fit in the bedroom (making room for 5) but we are hesitant about increasing the stated capacity.