How many include a floorplan in your listing photos?

Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

How many include a floorplan in your listing photos?

My place (which I hope to get up and going soon now that our community is allowing STR again) is a one room loft apartment. It is somewhat hard to show the space accurately in photos so I was going to include a floorplan to help people visualize the space and how it is layed out. 
Has anyone done this? Here is a pic of my space to show how hard it is to get a full view.09A6FEC4-443A-4107-AD72-A731B16350FE.jpeg

Here is an example of my floorplan,

47E861E6-1DCA-4596-BE11-A1580972D6D8.jpeg

17 Replies 17
Tom286
Level 2
Wisconsin, United States

Great idea. Beautiful place too!

What app or software have you used to create it?

I could only suggest (if possible), using larger font for labels and cleaning up the 4'-0" measurement in top right corner.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Annette76 Your place is stunning! 😍
I really love the idea of a floorplan, curious to hear what other hosts think 👀

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Beautifull space you have 🙂

I always include floorplans for all my rentals, STR and LTR, it is much easier for people to get an idea of the space

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I think a floorpan is a great idea. Not sure how easy they are to come by but I will look into it. It should help the guest who marked us down on accuracy as the place was bigger than she was expecting.

Hi @Annette76 

You’re Amazing! Love your idea! 👏 👏 👏

“ I like to see a layout if I can’t see something in person, so that was also part of my thinking “

However, not everyone takes the goal of the ideal! Usually, the negative people will dispose the dreams! And deframe the abilities.

Happy Hosting 😊

Way to go! 

Check out CubiCasa.  Can download it to your phone (Apple or Android), it take 5 minutes to do, and its accurate and super affordable vs other options which take time and special cameras and get expensive.

Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

I used a product called HomePlanner. It’s an iPad app. There are quite a few that are cheap and fairly simple.  
I like to see a layout if I can’t see something in person, so that was also part of my thinking. I will further tweak that plan and add labels to certain things. 

@Annette76 going to check this out. I think its a great idea. 

I love seeing floorplans on real estate listings and have not seen many here. The more we can do to help guests understand exactly what they are getting, the better!

Andrea4812
Level 2
York, United Kingdom

I'd love to add something like this to mine. But I'm yet to find a application that is simply enough to use. I just need to make a simple floor plan...but they all seem to do a lot, lot more. Can't find HomePlanner anywhere sadly. 

Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

In my online kitchen designer group, a lot of people use floorplanner  for basic line drawn plans. It has the basics and produces a nice option.  Do a Search, I don’t think I am supposed to post links. 

@Annette76  OMG, so many people need to study up on kitchen design before they build or renovate. I see so many poorly designed kitchens where, for instance, the fridge is stuck off at the end of the kitchen, like an afterthought, the fridge door opening the wrong way,  there is no counterspace nearby to put anything down when loading or unloading the fridge, you have to walk around the open fridge door, carrying everthing to or from from the closest counter. I've even seen this in so-called high end homes.

It's like they're designed by people who never cook.

I did a lot of research on kitchen design before I built my home, so even though my kitchen isn't huge, it's easy and convenient to work in. 

@Sarah977 I’m with you. The house flipping and renovation shows make me crazy. Dishwashers in the work/prep path, cooktops with no ventilation in an island with bar seating directly in front of it, refrigerator up against adjacent walls so you can’t fully open the doors. I could go on but I won’t.

I am working on the layout for the hoped for kitchen renovation in my Airbnb space and have done dozens of layout options to get the most bang for my buck while making it an enjoyable and functional space, regardless of the size.  

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

If your place is not a standard flat, with standard rooms and regular flat ceilings....don't do it. You can't re-create in a two-dimensional drawing the perspective that the human eye gives.

@Dimitar27  That is true to some extent, for instance my guest room is really small in terms of square footage, but it has high ceilings and lots of windows, so it doesn't feel at all cramped- it's light and airy. 

So you wouldn't get the "feel" of the space from a floor plan at all.

But still, a floor plan can help to show the basic layout of the place, like whether the bathroom opens right off the bedroom or you have to walk down a hallway to get to it.