How many stars should I give this guest?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

How many stars should I give this guest?

Hi everyone, recent guest was pleasant and clean however had three "offences"

1. Gave property address, door code and my phone number to someone local who was going to "cook for them" without asking me

2. Did not respond to any communication prior to arrival but started calling nonstop starting 9 pm the night before with all sort of questions. Last phone call came at 6 am on the day of departure "just to let you know we left". At some point I did explain that this is not a hotel, I just own the place and have a family and kids and while happy to respond to odd hour emergencies, would kindly ask to communicate through the app for everything else. He continued calling.

3. This one maybe silly to some, but he asked me to modify reservation and cut his stay short without any please or thank you at the last minute. So basically I gave him a gift of money (I was not able to rebook). And when I give someone money I do expect either please or thank you (just so you guys know any case I give you any)

So three stars or fewer?

27 Replies 27

Definitely 3 stars or less!!!!! The security breach alone......I'd give the guest 1 star for everything, write a scathing "would not welcome this guest back into my home" review  and flag them without a second thought.

Dustin25
Level 6
Pittsburgh, PA

2 stars and he needs to earn them back there is a learning curb but you seem to set up rules and he did not fallow them. This guy seems like he should get thumbs down and have to learn that its someones house not a hotel!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

He might be new to the platfrom but he sure did figure out things quickly. He gave me three stars!

I was wrong with my assessement. What an a$$hole.

How did You rate him?

Inna, do You know that You published Your thread in "hosting"? Threads in hosting can be read by hosts AND by guests, maybe he was reading our conversation. If You start a thread under "host circle", only hosts can read it.

thank you, I did not realize that 

Inna sorry you have to deal with this person and never deserve the three stars. I hope you gave him same! He broke your house rules as well as gave out your security code. I think airbnb can see through this and help you sort it out ASAP. Ring CS!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Extra! Extra! Just in!  The so-called “chef” texted  me saying that they left a pot at the place. I told them the guest needs to contact me. They replied with a really nasty message about how bad things were at the house and told me to forget it. However, today the guest did write to me. I guess it was some pot of gold that they want it so much? I honestly didn’t notice anything extra in the house. Anyway, said how much they loved the house and was so sad to see my feedback. Yes, sure, three stars loved the house.   He is asking me to meet with this chef person.  I certainly have no intention of keeping something that does not belong to me.  I guess in any other situation if I guest asked to pass something that belong to them to a friend in town, I normally would not have had a problem with that 

Wow, that's pretty ballsy on their part. Some people have no shame. It's nice of you to return it, but I wouldn't go one foot out of my way to get it back to them.

If it's a name brand like Le Cresuet it could be easily be over $500's for the pot. I would look for a strange pot among yours and text the "chef" if you find it. Then ask for an address and mail it COD on the postage. To me this sounds fishy. I think he was expecting you to just give him the code to get back in and got pissed off when you didn't give it. 

Hi Inna,

first of  all, You have to find the pot. If You search Your house and

You cannot find it, You cannot give it back.

Maybe You had other  guests in the meantime and they took it.

As Letitia says, maybe its a Le Creuset and they are expensive.

I have one and I love it.

Inna, perhaps they left pot, aka the smoking type... or the cooking type 🙂 Maybe he was that type of chef... Some guest left such a thing at my house. Found it in the bathroom, behind the toilet. I didnt know what it was until I smell it.

@Adriana100 you are too funny!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

hope you deleted the codes they used and I would personally not answer messages and calls if it wasn't through airbnb with this folks. sorry you had a bad experience