How much is a fair percentage to charge as a co-host?

Answered!
Byron54
Level 10
La Ceiba, Honduras

How much is a fair percentage to charge as a co-host?

Hello!

Ive been wondering how to work as a co-host and how much is a fair percentage to charge the host, is it per stay? or a monthly salary? 

Please let me know how can i work this out and how convenient it is. 

1 Best Answer
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Byron54 I hope you’re well!

What you charge for co-hosting totally depends on the services you plan to offer.

First, have a think about the services you would like to/have capacity to offer and then work out a pricing system from there.

Personally, I charge hosts that I work for in 2 parts:

-a flat rate cleaning fee per booking (you’ll need to check listings in the area you plan to co-host in to get an idea of what you could charge, factoring in the listing size and amount of work involved in preparing the listing for guests)

- a % management fee per booking, which ranges from between 12% and 25% depending on the size of the listing.

For out of hours emergencies and additional work I charge a fairly high £ hourly rate, this is mainly to encourage hosts to maintain their properties proactively and keep things in good shape to minimise potential problems.

Some hosts might only want certain services, such as cleaning or meet and greet, or emergency call-out, in which case I would charge a set £ amount- factoring the work involved.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Helloooo @Byron54 

I'm a Host who would like to pay for Co-Host Services.... so I would also be very interested in the answer to this question. Hope someone comes forward with suggestions.

I’m also a co host. Please feel free to check out my website and email me. 
themantramg.com

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Byron54  It seems to me it would depend on what you would be expected to do as a co-host. Some basically handle everything, some might only be tasked with meeting and greeting guests and being on call for emergencies.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Byron54 I hope you’re well!

What you charge for co-hosting totally depends on the services you plan to offer.

First, have a think about the services you would like to/have capacity to offer and then work out a pricing system from there.

Personally, I charge hosts that I work for in 2 parts:

-a flat rate cleaning fee per booking (you’ll need to check listings in the area you plan to co-host in to get an idea of what you could charge, factoring in the listing size and amount of work involved in preparing the listing for guests)

- a % management fee per booking, which ranges from between 12% and 25% depending on the size of the listing.

For out of hours emergencies and additional work I charge a fairly high £ hourly rate, this is mainly to encourage hosts to maintain their properties proactively and keep things in good shape to minimise potential problems.

Some hosts might only want certain services, such as cleaning or meet and greet, or emergency call-out, in which case I would charge a set £ amount- factoring the work involved.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply! 
Enjoy your evening in London. It’s a balmy afternoon in New Orleans. 
sincerely,

Jennifer

HannahyMartín0
Level 4
Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica

@Byron54 You can check out cohostmarket.com to see what other cohosts in your area are charging to get an idea. As people have mentioned above it really depends on how much work you're putting. Typically cohosts do a % or a flat rate while some even charge a monthly fee on top to visit the property weekly to check on things etc. 

I believe that it can be a fixed payment (the amount will be envy of the place of residence of course), but it also depends on the amount of work that you put on the person.