How on earth can they do this in less than a 24 hour stay lol...

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

How on earth can they do this in less than a 24 hour stay lol...

Okay, I knew in advance they were going to be trouble when they didn't return my rental agreement until I refused to give them the codes day of check in without it. 8 people 19-23 years old. Some how they moved the base of my kitchen faucet to a strange angle and damaged/scratched the top of my stove. I have no idea how they did either of these.  I'll have to call to find out what the replacement cost is for the top of the stove is. Not looking for AirBnB to pay this, but sheesh they were there less than 24 hours! Leaving wet towels all over my wooden chairs and dining table thankfully they did no damage to those because we caught it quick enough, but what kind of parents raised these kids? I would personally choke my own children for doing this, but then I am a really, really mean Mom lol per my children...

55276756996__F0140BE6-0BC2-49F2-8B4F-F53392DFF165.jpeg

55276755887__4D3199AE-2A25-4248-92F5-529FC5852F0B.jpeg

13 Replies 13

@Letti0

"but what kind of parents raised these kids? "

Parents who had a dishwasher by the looks of it.... or parents who were the dishwasher 

The attention span needed to cook was probably way too much

....the idea of them having to wash up...well ...and all in the same day.....

well..you were expecting a lot 

( not that all 19-23 yo are all the same..sure) 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please leave an honest review so the rest of us are spared these badly brough up millenials

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please leave an honest review so the rest of us are spared these badly brough up millenials 🙂

@Helen3  I absolutely intend to leave a true and honest review of them. My question though is 4 of them have their profiles listed on the reservation, so do all 4 get my review or just the 21 year old that booked it? Inquiring minds really need to know this kind of information lol...

You are a very brave host @Letti0

I don't think I'd have the guts to let 8 people all ranging in the ages of 19~23 let loose in my home for an entire night. 

@Jessica-and-Henry0  Well, I'll give them this, they did not try to sneak in any additional guests LOL...

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Letti0 Yikes! That really sucks.

If the guests' profiles were properly linked to the reservation, yes, it will show up on all guests' profiles. All of my reviews also show up on my husband's profile, because he was listed as a guest, even though he didn't complete the booking.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I am with @Jessica-and-Henry0, Under no circumtances.I would never, ever host (😎 19-23 years olds. If that is all they did, consider yourself lucky; they probably did that in the first 10 minutes, with plenty of time to spare to bring down your home and your neighborhood a few notches. 

The faucet base is simple to move back, just unscrew underneath bracket and retighten when back in proper place. The top, no clue.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

Well their review is in 5* across the board. I guess they are going to be a little shocked  with mine for them lol...  Who was it that said parents do the dishes for them I think hit the nail on the head 🙂

Live Oak Vineyard 15-20 Min to SeaWorld & Lackland
Public feedback
This place was better than what we expected! Feels like a home away from home! Truly recommend this place if you are thinking about it. Everybody felt comfortbale and slept well.
Public response

Private feedback
 This is just for you. It won’t appear on your listing or profile.
Everything was more than amazing!
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Letti0

You handle the review very well Letti, good on you! Many hosts would have thrown Websters dictionary into a review of that guest, but you said all that needed to be said in one sentence.

I wish more hosts would take a leaf out of your book, well done!

Cheers.......Rob

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

@Letti0

A wise man, known as the Yodeling Brakeman, once sang in a song he wrote:

"T of Texas, T for Tennesse, any old place I hang my hat is home sweet home to me."

- Jimmy Rodgers

I think I'm going to Texas.

Other than that I have no comment. 

Except this, it's heartening to know that even experienced hosts get to deal with some crappo once in a while.  It's the nature of the business, I suppose.  Well done, Lettia.

Thumbs up if you like a post,

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Letti0 the review will appear for all the guests who were on the reservation (I often have large groups --- I offer a 5% discount if everyone has a profile on the reservation, specifically so that they will all retain the review good or bad). When I have a young group, I try to give them the "Mom" walk-thru that reminds them that I of course expect that they'll be taking great care of my house. I also don't do 1 night reservations 

@Kelly149  Thanks for the review information.  I do a lot of sports one day deals, ie football teams, track and field teams, baseball teams, etc. Come September through November I will be booked for football games easily that are just one night stays, maybe two. The coach, team mates and a few parents, usually great renters the coaches are rough on them as they need places to stay in the future again. I have a three day finals for a track team starting tomorrow 18 guests. I'm not worried about them at all. I have some in my venue that can sleep an additional 4-6 easiiy as the group was too large for the Guest House alone and my additional Cottage that sleeps another 8-10 does not open until the end of the month or beginning of the August. Argh I hate renovations lol... I want repeats on these sport deals if possible.