How should I review?

Llayla0
Level 2
Canton, NC

How should I review?

We have been very blessed with great guest in our hosting experience over the past 9 months. I have even come to clean the home and found the guests have vacuumed prior to departure, which is definitely not expected. Given our great guest experience, I am at a loss at to what to say about our last encounter. He came with his family which included three teenagers and maybe his delegation of tasks did not work out, but the home was left in the worst condition yet. Here is my list of issues:

-Missing 3 “makeup removal” washcloths 

-Lanyard from fan taken off and stuffed in a corner of bookcase which I was lucky to have noticed

-mascara staines on expensive washcloth use for make up when I supply makeup removal ones

-Trash upstairs not taking out

-Dishwasher not run

-Lamp left on floor unplugged no explanation (found faulty cord, which I now have replaced, but thought it would have been nice to leave a note of explanation as to why they unplugged and left it in the middle of floor).

- Red wine on pillowcases

-Checked out 20 mins late

-Pots, pans and glasses in wrong cabinet 

-huge mess under kitchen table

Am I expecting too much due to previous exeptional guest experiences? I have never left a bad review and even wonder if it’s worth it, maybe I’m just being nit picky. Regardless, we would not want them to return.

Any suggestions on a review? 

17 Replies 17
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Llayla0

Good girl, you handled that perfectly, you were not vindictive and from Martins response after his review he is having a sour grapes hissy fit! Who do you think looks the idiot.,....him or you??

I always try to tell hosts to be diplomatic and you did just that...... good on you girl, you are a star. This turkey looks like the soldier in the Remembrance day march....he is the only one in step!

I love seeing outcomes like this.

Cheers......Rob

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Please tell the world of hosts that that they are slobs and left your place a mess.  I don't want them in my house.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Llayla0 I just looked at your review and it was PERFECTLY written................AND how about the fellows response?? He can't figure out what they did wrong.....so you see folks all look through their world filters and he says he followed your check list and is miffed by your review as it was their favorite Airbnb. (bet you felt alittle bad about reading that, huh?)

I hope you left him a private message/ note listing the things that you felt could have been different - and help him understand what I imagine happened. His kids did all the stuff you wrote about and dad didn't even see any of it.

keep us posted..............happy hosting, Clara