How soon will airbnb pay me

How soon will airbnb pay me

Airbnb tenants destroyed my house how do I request a person to personally come inspect my house i hate them the resolution team refused to call me I hate text or email my house is destroyed and thousands of dollars of damage is caused to my house I hate Airbnb slow response to pay up

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm sorry to hear your guests damaged your property. 

As the owner of the STR business it's your responsibility to go and inspect the property and collect photo and video damage . Airbnb don't provide someone to do this for you.

once you have provided them with evidence and receipts for repairs/ damage repairs I hope you get your claim processed soon @Steven1143 

Do have a look on the Airbnb Help  Centre for details on how to submit a claim under Airbnb guarantee. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Steven1143  I'm sorry you had your house trashed. Airbnb is purely an online booking platform. They don't have field agents who inspect damaged homes. 

It is up to you to document the damage, and follow Airbnb procedure for making a claim.

You also should revisit your listing description and learn how to vet guests so you avoid these types of guests. Your listing description says almost nothing- take a look at how other hosts write listing desciprions in order to attract the kind of guests they want and discourage those they don't.

You do not have "No parties" in your house rules, nor any rules about extra guests.

Thank you for the update that was my first ever airbnb guest I didn't expect this to happen to my property, I have expected the guess to treat my house like a hotel and follow hotel rules

@Steven1143  It's too bad this happened with your first guest. But take is as a learning experience, almost all new hosts have things happen that they didn't anticipate. You can't just expect guests to respect you and your home, because unfortunately it seems many people aren't respectful at all.  You have to set the rules and enforce them. You have to leave a specific set of instructions for what you want guests to do before checking out- where to put the garbage, to tidy up their personal messes, wash their dishes, etc.

I saw the photos you posted on another thread- aside from the broken closet shelving, the rest just looks like a big mess, not actual damage. 

And on those photos, it looks like you just have sheets over a bare mattress. This won't work for a rental- you need to have waterproof covers on the mattresses and a mattress pad over that, then the sheets.

There are a lot of people who have the idea that they can just throw up a listing, and that it'll be easy money. It isn't.

Take better photos, raise your price, write a listing description to attract the type of guests you want, and learn what questions to ask prospective guests and what are red flags in guest communication. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya,

As this is a duplicated topic, I'm going to close it but you can continue the conversation over in this more active thread:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Tenants-destroy-my-house/m-p/1455300#M318348

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines