How to CLEAR custom calendar pricing

Sean21
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

How to CLEAR custom calendar pricing

Hi, 

Does anyone know how to remove a price that has been added to the calendar? You can change it but it still doesn't default back to the Daily / Weekly / Monthly prices. 

Thanks

S

17 Replies 17

I just asked tech support this same question and received the following response:

"Click and drag your mouse to select the full date region on your calendar that you want to reset, and then specify a price that is the same as your base price, then voila! Custom pricing will be deleted for that date range."

This doesn't really clear pricing though.  If you have custom weekend prices it overwrites it with whatever you enter.  There should be a way to clear all custom prices and then repopulate with your pricing settings.

I just did that and it does not work. Did it work for you?

Doesn't work for me.  Considering that Airbnb is all about renting rooms/houses, you'd think they could get this right.

Χρήστος0
Level 1
Athens, Greece

It doesn't clear the special price, when you bring those days to the same price.

This shows the minute you set a new price, those days remain, with the old price!

Pricing is a mess for me:

Last year I set a special price for high season, only to discover that my listing was not showing at all for those days....

Now I am trying to set special prices and I have this problem and even worse:

Changed days have an arbitrary and much smaller price!!!

Messed up totally

am having the same problem.  Haven't had a booking for over five weeks when normally I would have bookings every single weekend.  Customer service  is utterly useless and cannot give me a clear answer on how to reset my pricing settings.  Am putting it up on Homeaway as this is just too hard

Caro73
Level 1
United Kingdom

I am also having the same problem.  I already changed some of the custom prices to be the same as the Base price, but it doesnt make them follow the Base price, so if you then change the Base price those amended ones just stay at whatever you last entered manually.  In another Conversation someone suggested changing to Smart pricing which they said would remove all of the Cutome prices, but I dont want to remove all of them, I just want to change some of them back to folowing the Base Price.
I wonder if , after 2 years of people asking this question, someone might have an answer at HQ !?

Megan105
Level 2
Rivas Department, NI

same problem still occurs. I have rule sets specifiying what price increases and decreases i want from my base price, but no way to just 'reset' all back to standard base pricing from custom. I want to change ALL dates. so slecting doesnt work as they must be done in small batches otherwise the system freaks out

@Megan105  You need to block those dates which your rule sets are applied and choose None in the rule sets dropdown list in order to clear the custom prices and use the base price.

Megan105
Level 2
Rivas Department, NI

You misunderstand my need. Maybe I phrases badly, apologies. I am quite happy with my rule sets. But in order for them to work I need all my calander set at the base price for the rules to take affect as a % of +/- the base. 

I do not need to block any dates. 

George44
Level 2
Tartu, Estonia

Yes, nothing seems to work. It should be simple enough to cancel custom prices, either globally or for specific days. 

Mark391
Level 3
Honolulu, HI

This is utterly stupid.  Come on airbnb!!  Tell us how to clear custom prices previously set in the calendar.  I've tried going to automatic pricing and that will not override custom prices i've previously entered.  Once you enter custom prices for any dates, it seems your STUCK with custom pricing for those dates forever.  How aggravating! 😞

Mark391
Level 3
Honolulu, HI

Airbnb, if you're listening, there needs to be 2 options.  1) to "clear custom pricing set via the calendar", and 2) to "clear custom availability set via the calendar", so that we can easily remove custom pricing (or custom availability), and revert back to base pricing or automatic pricing, - or to clear any manually blocked dates and revert back to availability specified in iCal calendar sync for example.  (I had some dates previously blocked for some reason, (possibly from a previously used channel manager), and i didn't notice that those dates were blocked for a long time, - even though my ical calendar did not have them blocked).

Rossana121
Level 3
Biel/Bienne, Switzerland

Same issue here. I'm so frustrated and furious!

How is it possible that they don't have an option to reset your prices to base?

I made the terrible mistake to go in and edit until the end of October, and now if I change the base price I have to go in and change them all individually.

Also, I discovered it the hard way, by receiving a booking with a very low price I set last year when I started!

I tried the "turn on smart pricing / turn off smart pricing", but it didn't work.