How to View Hidden Profile Photos

How to View Hidden Profile Photos

So, I'm as irritated about this as everyone else.  I learned that the profile photo is hidden using site cookies.  So, actually the person's profile photo is visible to everyone EXCEPT the host receiving the request/inquiry. 

If using Chrome, just right click on the person's name and select "Open link in incognito window".  Then you will be able to see their profile photo, if they have one.

112 Replies 112
Catherine36
Level 2
Reston, VA

Re: hidden guest photos: As the host with the guest room on the same floor as our own bedroom, we carry **ALL**  the risk of hosting a stranger in our home. Yet airbnb is protecting the guest from the host. Wow. That really takes the cake. 

That is truely ridiculous!!! Whom in the hell in Airbnb proposed this change. This is the most stupid thing I have ever seen in business world!

Stephen678
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

I find the new policy to be disturbing for both hosts and guests. I feel quite unsafe booking or allowing a guest to book at my home without seeing their profile photo. 

Not only Airbnb hides the profile photo. It also does not disclose the full name and city where the guest lives. I believe that Airbnb purpose is to avoid hosts to deny as less bookings as possible with this approach. But this definitely would not work because more and more hosts would be reluctant to accept requests without asking more questions to guests before their bookings are accepted.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Today I had a similar experience. The way I saw the photo was by viewing the calendar request. Following that link and the visible pic also shows the profile pic.

Mrs--and-Rick0
Level 3
Fairfield, IA

It is not worth $50 to rent to a wrong person in our homes could do $5000 damage within 5 minutes.   Home is where we keep priceless items safe.  We demand the ability to see the photos, and that AirBNB verify the photo against a Government ID.   Not all people are the same, so not all Guests are the same.  Some are statistically more likely to do crimes.   That's not our fault.  Political correctness has run amuck.  As Hosts, WE have all the power with AirBNB if we stick together. With no Hosts, there is no product to sell.  Everyone, please demand photos from Guests. 

@Mrs--and-Rick0  Some are statistically more likely to do crime? If you are referring to certain races or nationalities, that's absolutely untrue and highly prejudiced. And that's exactly the kind of attitude that the removal of guest photos was designed to combat. Many of us hosts want to be able to see guest photos, but not for reasons like that.

Jacqui-And-Dallas0
Level 2
South West Rocks, Australia

Some guests are actually booking, and still no profile picture? A photo of a cat or pot plant doesn’t do it for me as a host I’m afraid.