How to add the option where the guests enter the name of the guests? I'm a host.

Trisha59
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

How to add the option where the guests enter the name of the guests? I'm a host.

Like this: Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 1.44.06 PM.png

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Trisha59  I’ve done that when I’ve traveled as an Airbnb guest.  But are you asking why guests don’t do it, or if you can do it for them, or what exactly?

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Trisha59 

I've started doing this. I have made it a condition in my House Rules that guests need to be added to the reservation, this page is an Airbnb page and it should be made compulsory for it to be filled for every guest.

Guests can find it in their "Trips" tab.

Heres a message I send to booked guests:

-------------------------

Hi ……

As part of our booking requirements we require that all guests are registered on your trip itinerary. You can do this by following Airbnb instructions here:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2369

Here is the abbreviated method:

1. Go to your Trips and click the trip you want to edit
  2. Click Canny Brow Barn (or the small photo of the listing)
  3. Next to Who’s coming click Manage
  4. To remove a guest, click Remove next to their name
  5. To add guests, enter their full name and email address then click Invite

Thanks for updating your itinerary.

Ian & Anne-Marie.

-------------------------

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

In the rules of the house I just say that I do not accept unregistered guests and for those correctly registered in the booking I have rule that ask to let me know their name and surname as Airbnb do not pass the extra guest names

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@David-Erik0 

I have been planning to register each guest on arrival including their name and surname, after having them register via the Airbnb registration page previously mentioned. I would far prefer that Airbnb would register all guest details as part of the booking as @Trisha59 posted.

I read your house rules and they're very clear.

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 wrote:

@David-Erik0 

[...]I would far prefer that Airbnb would register all guest details as part of the booking as @Trisha59 posted.

I read your house rules and they're very clear.

Well, Airbnb register the extra guest details, they know their names and surname so as transmitted to them by the primary guest, but host do not see these names because contractually, the primary guest is responsible to give to the extra guests the listing details, and for any damaged caused by them. 

If I should rent as a business, probably I would not bother to set a rule that ask to tell me the name and surname of every guest, 'cause as a business I would have an insurance and would not be neither my home but probably a second house used for this purpose. 

In my case is more a matter of politeness (when we visit someone we tell them who come with us) and also a way to verify if they have read the rules of the house, 'cause when a couple is coming and in their message the name of the second guest is missing, I already know what it means.