How to advertise for a single week time share, and refuse requests for other times

Ed80
Level 2
Brookline, MA

How to advertise for a single week time share, and refuse requests for other times

I have posted a ski week time share for the first time. I own one week only.  I listed it for that week and listed as unavailable many weeks that follow. My only requests were for weeks that are not available. When I go to approve/decline offer and fill in the box with the reason - there is no button to respond with and it just sits there. I then get requests to respond.  What am I doing wrong? 

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ed80,

On your calendar the 6th of January is available and all dates from the 4th of February onwards are shown as available.

To set all dates except a certain week as unavailable you can set all dates as unavailable by default and then manually set that week as available.

To do this  you can

go to your calendar and click on "Availability" at the top

click on the "Edit" button for the "Reservation preferences" section

scroll down to see the "Booking window" box

click in that box and select "Dates unavailable by default"

now click on "Save".

Now go to your calendar again and click on the first date you want to set as available.

A window will appear on the right. Click on the date to the right of the arrow and select the last date that you want as available. Then click on "Save".

Remember that if you select, say, the end date as the 10th then guests can check in on that date and check out on the 11th.

Regarding the problem with responding I'm not sure what could be happening there. If you're trying on a on the web page on a laptop or in the phone app perhaps you could try by using the button in the email instead.

Steve.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

As for that lack of button, @Ed80, the script with your choice for the reason doesn't connect with Airbnb site. It might be old cookies, overload on the server, outdated browser, or even adblock causing it. 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"