How to attract new guests after a cancellation on short notice

Karen1114
Level 2
Portrush, United Kingdom

How to attract new guests after a cancellation on short notice

Hi guys,

I have recently achieved superhost and so far most of my experiences during my first three months as a full time host for 5 listings have been very positive. However, I find I need some more tools to promote my listing in a touristy area where I have to compete with many other hosts and would like to ask for suggestions how to attract a new guest booking for a cancellation that's within the policy but will leave me with a gap next week in the middle of high season in which I'd like to be fully booked. How can I set a special offer broadcast, or is there another way I can plug those available days with my target audience to attract their attention? Anyone have any tips on using facebook in combination with AirBnB? Or any other social media platform where you might have better tools for advertising special offers or discounts for special times? 

thanks

Karen 

2 Replies 2
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Karen1114 The best way to fill the gap is by dropping your price on your calender! For example lets say your listings are currently available for the next 48 hours, what i would advice you to do is to drop your price by 30% and if you are still empty but still want to receive a booking drop it by 50% if you are still making any profit out of it.Good luck and happy hosting!!!

Rob185
Level 2
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Absolutely agree with previous reply from Oomesh 

i drop my price for cancelled dates and it works well. However it has attracted clients looking for cheap deals (I may not necessarily want staying with me unfortunately!!)