How to avoid giving you a poor review when they react to a request for money.

Nicholas373
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

How to avoid giving you a poor review when they react to a request for money.

Currently if I need to request money from a guest for compensation for theft or damage , I have to wait for the review period to expire otherwise I risk a poor review from the guest. I contacted air bnb and requested there support should this happen but the only way they will remove a review is if it violates the content policy. So now if I want to communicate anything to the guest which might cause them to give me a poor review , I either have to wait 14 days or when I receive a communication that the guest has completed a review . I think that hosts should be protected however air bnb refuse to assist me in the past when this has occurred. Any tips , or do you agree that waiting for the review period to finish is my best option albeit a poor one. Nicholas 

4 Replies 4
Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

You have a limited amount of time to submit a damage request, and I don't think it's anywhere close to 14 days. Also, if I'm not mistaken, you can edit your review if the other party hasn't submitted their review.

ONERüF0
Level 7
United States

You have 72hrs OR before the next guest arrival to request money for damages.  

@ONERüF0: If you need to make a claim on your security deposit, you can do so in the Resolution Center within 14 days of your guest’s checkout date or before the next guest checks in, whichever is earlier.

Yes against a damage deposit...but then the guest has to agree to the charge which as we all know is rare.