How to be a Superhost

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to be a Superhost

Superhost.jpg

Hello everyone,

If you’re new here, welcome to the Community Center! The Community Center is a place for our global community of hosts to connect and share ideas.

Join this discussion to learn about what it takes to be a Superhost. Superhosts go above and beyond for every guest and often share valuable tips for creating great stays. From thoughtful gestures like leaving chocolates on pillows to welcoming guests with a handwritten note, there are many ways to be an outstanding host.

Do you have a favorite hosting tip? Share what you do to go the extra mile below. Click “Join the Conversation” to participate.

We look forward to hearing your tips!

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

256 Replies 256
Priscilla100
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

I have a very simple rule. I treat all of my guests the way I would want to be treated if I stayed in their home and make them feel as if they are in their own home .Hospitality and communication are key. I have met amazing and friendly  people with amazing stories. I love being an Airbnb superhost.

@Priscilla100 First how are you a Super Host when you only have 9 reviews and it requires 10 minimum? Secondly, just wait until you have been doing this for a while! Maintaing Superhost status is Impossible, when Airbnb changes your rating by 1% for 1 day (the Review date) then back to status just as your about to hit your annual super host status!!!

Jamie B

I dont know how iv become a superhost ..I'm guessing because of my reviews I got and the service I'm providing. 

Jennifer976
Level 8
Calgary, Canada

I seem to get alot of long stays.  A couple of weeks or 1 month or more at a time, i've only had a couple of 3 or 4 day stays.  It is my home and I live here and i'm usually home.  The guests can hang on the back patio or the sitting space in the kitchen and really have access to every room but my Master of course but the rooms are a lovely space and have their own mini fridges and TV so guests are pretty happy to hang in them when they are here.  I give people their space but am here if they want to chat or need some info on a place to eat or check out.  

The thing with Hosting is that people are so very different and some are gone early and come back late and some want to cook in the kitchen and some always eat out, some are chatty and some rarely come out of the room.  I just respect how they approach things and so far most of my guests have been very respectful of me and my home so i've had a very positive experience since I started just a few months ago.

Anne1085
Level 1
Buchhorst, Germany

Wir haben in den Zimmern aktuelle diverse Prospekte ausgelegt. Informationen die für den Tourismus interessant sind. Zb. Geschichte über die Elbe, Radwanderwege, Sehenswürdigkeiten in der Umgebung.

Ferner eingerahmt ein Anschreiben für die Gäste welches Auskunft gibt über örtliche Gegebenheiten und wie sie ins W-Lan Netz kommen.

Auf Wunsch holen wir Gäste ab, oder begleiten sie , wenn sie es möchten, zu einem interessanten Ort.

Jan384
Level 3
Dübendorf, Switzerland

We've been superhost 10x in a row and we don't really do anything extra special.

What guests have told us:

- We respond extremely quickly to any messages and provide clear instructions for how to find us. (We have saved messages for airport, train station and a few more)

- We have a very clean apartment

- We are super friendly and helpful while guests stay with us

Apart from that the room in our apartment is really cheap for the area we live in (we live right next to Zurich wich is a super expensive city). We still do get guests rating us 4stars on value, but I think it's mostly guests that don't understand how high rent prices actually are in Zurich.

Jay181
Level 3
Minneapolis, MN

I think the superhost requirement of "10+ stays per year" is unfair to those guests that have a 28 day/monthly rental minimum, since we can only rent 12 times per year max.
Also, I got a 3 month booking, If I get another 2 month booking, that is 2 bookings & I can't get 10 bookings, but only 8.

JD

Dan-And-Cat0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

how do I add my badge? I just literally turned super host today?

Onur14
Level 1
Istanbul, Turkey

One idea for hosts,

You can prepare some visual materials or powerpaint presentation for your guests in order to orientation for the surrounding and for the house.

Believe me it helps a lot, beacuse some small informations for you can be very important to know for the guests if you think that they are coming from another country, another background and culture. You can tell them where they can buy Sim card or where they can find markets or bakery etc. Also some information about home appliances, instructions to use wifi or other materials.

Miguel-A0
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I am on Airbnb since June and think that Airbnb are building a better society.Both the guests and the hosts try to relate humanly very well and every time better. In my case the guests have been very polite and they see progressive people, professionals and with a great sense of family responsibility and the human quality of each and every one of you and my guests.

thank you.

Jo-and-René0
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

@Lizzie

Subject: Providing option to set minimum stay requirements for specific days 

There is the option to require a minimum number of days for a booking.

We are OK with one-day bookings and happy to do regular change overs.

But some times it is inconvenient, like on long weekends when we are away ourselves.

It would be great if there is an option that enables the host to have this requirement set for specific days in the callender.

Could this be considered to be implemented in the system please.

Not sure if this is the right forum to address such changes.

Please let me know if I should post/request this somewhere else.

Thank you.

Regards

Rene and Jo

You can ser any minimum you like...I use 3 nights.  Just go to Availability and you  set both permanent and specificdates. 

Jelena86
Level 1
Split, Croatia

Hello everyone, 
After more than 4 years I will get the superhost  status again!
Where did I get my mistake and what did I improve? Personal guest reception, lots of tips, recommendations, there were also small gifts of the traditional to my end,personal style in the house,
flowers flourish on arrival...
a must for welcome (cake, fruit, drink ..)
The structure of the guests might have been better than the previous years?
I am happy that after a lot of work, attention and love for communicating with people succeeded!

Ling21
Level 2
Knysna, South Africa

Hello Lizzie and all other hosts

I have only actively been hosting with my newly renovated cottage here in Knysna on the Garden Route in South Africa.  being on a Nature reserve, I have experieinced so many  wonderful comments from guests. Being only 10 minutes from the picturesques twon and all the buzz is a huge attarction.

I find meeting and connecting with my clients such a delight to make sure that all their needs are accomodated.  There is always a glass of good South African wine awaiting their arrival. 

regards

Ling

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is wonderful to hear @Ling21. Your area and hospitality sounds amazing, I can see why your guests are filled with so many nice comments. 🙂 I'm a fan of South African wine, so what a nice way to welcome your guests. 

Sending you much future happiness in hosting.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.