How to be a Superhost

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to be a Superhost

Superhost.jpg

Hello everyone,

If you’re new here, welcome to the Community Center! The Community Center is a place for our global community of hosts to connect and share ideas.

Join this discussion to learn about what it takes to be a Superhost. Superhosts go above and beyond for every guest and often share valuable tips for creating great stays. From thoughtful gestures like leaving chocolates on pillows to welcoming guests with a handwritten note, there are many ways to be an outstanding host.

Do you have a favorite hosting tip? Share what you do to go the extra mile below. Click “Join the Conversation” to participate.

We look forward to hearing your tips!

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

256 Replies 256
Linda1186
Level 2
Medford, MA

Digital keypads ensure that my guests can check-in whenever convenient after 4pm.  Because of this I don't usually greet my guests so I like to leave little personal touches to make them feel at home.

Lights (outdoor and inside the apartment) are left on for guests who arrive after dusk for safety and ambience.

I always leave a bowl of snacks, freshly made ice, water, flowers from my gardens (spring, summer and autumn) and a hand-written note on custom stationary.

Many of my guests have commented positively about this is their reviews.

Camille301
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

What I love to do is baking. I experienced that the smell of cookies fresh from the oven is what most guests simply love. So I usually prep lots of cookie dough, freeze them and bake them fresh for each guests. So far, every single guest was surprised and felt welcome instantly 🙂

@Camille301  This is an old relator tip to help sell homes. They throw in some cookies in the oven to make the place smell great and it attracts the clients, smells like a home. 

Dusean0
Level 1
New York, NY

Any superhost Interested In visiting New York,  United States of America. I will be willing to host you for free . Who’s interested ? 

Patron0
Level 2
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Hi, brand new to the SuperHost world!

Selam2
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

Hello every one,

I am a newbie from Atlanta, US. I have been hosting for a year now and I just got my Super host badge. yay! excited. I hope it brings some benefits along. I listed the entire house with self check-in and 95% of  my guests don't want much of a personal interactions with me even if i offered to meet and greet them many times. I respect their privacy and comfort.  I provide all the information they might need and the tips about the area. I will Send them a welcome and Good bye messages that's all. According to my Guests, Cleanliness , essential amenities and ease of check-in mattered the most. Thanks for your tips and tricks of a Super host!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful news @Selam2 and a huge congratulations. 🙂 It is fantastic to hear more about how you host and your own tips and that you have been enjoying the ones others have shared here. 

I wonder have you also seen this discussion: Welcoming all Superhosts

Happy hosting. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Shannon278
Level 2
Hayward, CA

Our family hasmet the most amazing people from all over the world.  Its a pleasure to make sure that my guests are completely comfortably accommodated. I want my guests to feel like they are at home. I know it can be challenging to get the room ready for your next guest. **** [Personal advertising hidden in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Shannon 

Youliya0
Level 2
Saint Petersburg, Russia

Добрый день всем!

Youliya0
Level 2
Saint Petersburg, Russia

Я рада попасть в эту группу 

Youliya0
Level 2
Saint Petersburg, Russia

Подскажите пожалуйста, что нужно для того, чтоб стать - суперхозяином? Заранее спасибо

Krzysztof17
Level 2
Dębina, Poland

Hello everyone, I became a superhost
I am very pleased

Christopher

I'll share a little secret with you.... as you may have known, communication is important in hosting. Guests feel welcomed when you talk to them. While some guests may be shy to start a conversation, or some may need private time, but there's nothing wrong by asking them "How was your day?" or "Which places do you plan to visit during your trip?" If they don't want to have a long conversation, they will give short answers and leave, but chances are they have plans but need your knowledge to make the even better, thus they will appreciate your effort in asking them.

Those questions sound simple, but it shows that we care about our guests. I realize that my guests actually have a lot of questions  but they don't know when or where to start, that's why hosts are the one who should start the conversation. It doesn't take much effort from us just to ask how their day was, but it really makes a difference!

I agree 100%...or they would stay in a hotel...I agree the personal touch makes their stay better!

Kay220
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

I have a short stay apartment in Texas and a long stay home in Santa Fe. My goal is to always communicate to potential guests , have a very clean, inviting place for guests to relax in, and try to be responsive to their needs and questions. I like it when people say oh your place looks just like the pictures! I have rented places that did not look like the pictures and was frustrated and disappointed.   Many times they want suggestions for restaurants or things to do which I am available to do when requested. Has worked well so far. I love being a host.