How to become airbnb plus host?

Matthew354
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

How to become airbnb plus host?

How do you request to become a PLUS host?

26 Replies 26

From what I can dig up, your listing has to be elgible first. And you can "Request an invitation".

Mine got rejected and I don't know why as my listing has everything on the checklist. It only says to look at the listing page... which I did and it still provided no clue. 

Anyone know how to navigate around this??

Thanks in advance!!

How do you "Request and Invitation"

I have the « you are eligible, let's get started and ask for an invitation » on my listing managing page (well it's in french, free translation). Then you have to check everything on the list and submit to ask for an appointment. I wonder how they decide who received this this as i know i'm not Plus material. I offer most of the things requested but the apartment i rent is not modern nor 100% new and renovated and although it's cute, it's definitly not designer cute + it's small and a semi-basement.

Could it be that you've declined too many requests in the past year? That is part of the criteria, which I don't think is very fair. 

@Jen-and-Garrett0 This has happened to other hosts who have applied to Airbnb Plus. Your decline rate for the last 365 days must be 5% or below; Acceptance rate must be 95%. Could this be the issue?

Mary778
Level 2
Prineville, OR

I think it is shallow on Airbnb's part to allow only certain criteria to become a "family plus home" instead of looking at the uniqueness of the individual place. I have 3 out of 4 required qualifications, I do not have tv or wifi, so I don't qualify as "family friendly" What we do have are friendly dogs and cats that love to play, horses to pet and feed, baby calves running around the ranch that guest can feed.  Also indoor games, books and puzzles, firepits to roast marshmallows, miles and miles of hiking trails and places to run and use their imagination! Guests come here to give their kids a chance to expereince a different lifestyle.  Not fair Airbnb to fit us all into your ideal "boxes"!

@Mary0in Utopia we are all the same, in this world we do fall into different man-made categories; i.e. living style, economic bracket, values, etc. Today's guest told me my place was 'magical', it evoked an emotion they couldn't explain; marvy, yet it wouldn't qualify for Airbnb Plus at all.

The people staying in Airbnb Plus, taking an educated guess, have a whole different set of values that I do not think would fit anyway, and honestly, *I* wouldn't want them as guests for all the tea in China, even if personally we would get along famously.

Wow, Mary--sounds like we should head to your place for some time with our granddaughter for some fun and games away from screens!

Tracey117
Level 1
Canoelands, Australia

I cant seem to work it out. It says on mine to see if i am eligible, although when i click on it, it sends me to a blank page (is that code for not eligible haha) Can someone give me any idea how i see this info please 🙂

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Tracey117

At the moment It is only available in certain big cities, so not for all of us even if our properties qualify.

I noticed this too.  I have made a request but live in a tiny town in Oregon.  I believe my home fits the criteria in the category of arts.  I am an artist and have many of my own pieces on display.  I have also displayed the photos of a friend who is a world traveler (my design of hanging two 9 pane windows that are about 100 yrs old in my dining roon and placing the pics inside - stunning).  My town has seven covered bridges, the most on the West Coast. That's remarkable too.  But we are not urban.  We are surrounded by nature - forests, waterfalls and geological diversity.  Good things come in small packages, I think.

Rachel

Mt. David Home

Cottage Grove, OR

_Emailhiddenb0
Level 1
Sligo, Ireland

We would also like to know how to request that our properties are evaluated for air bnb plus. 

@_Emailhiddenb0

It has not come to Ireland yet. 

https://www.airbnb.com/plus

Austin, Barcelona, Cape Town, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, Melbourne, Milan, Rome, San Francisco, Shanghai, Sydney, Toronto

It has not come to Ireland yet. 

https://www.airbnb.com/plus

Austin, Barcelona, Cape Town, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, Melbourne, Milan, Rome, San Francisco, Shanghai, Sydney, Toronto