How to become airbnb plus host?

Matthew354
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

How to become airbnb plus host?

How do you request to become a PLUS host?

26 Replies 26
Marie54
Level 3
Murdock, NE

https://www.airbnb.com/plus/host/requirements/all
I suppose like any hotel chain - there are the "high end" hotels that charge more.

I'm guessing there will be pitfalls along the way but that happens whenever you are pioneering the frontier in home-sharing.  This program is in such a limited number of cities, and I don't think Airbnb gets that rural areas are big market for them.

When we became SuperHosts - the first quarter on airbnb FOUR years ago now... we got a message that we qualified for professional photography, so said "sure! we'll take it".  Much later got a reply, "there are no photographers in your area."  That's just silly, they are all around us.  But one of their photographers was not here.  I recall this story as an example... professional photography is also part of the Plus program.  I'm not sure they will have the staff to actually support this program, so my forecast is that Plus will not grow as fast as proposed.

I agree with your statement that "I don't think Airbnb gets that the rural areas are a big market for them."  It's too bad really because it is so evident by the comments and  ratings that I receive, that so many are looking for this kind of experience!

I realize Airbnb plus will never make it to our small part of the world, I just hope the customer realizes the same thing and do no

t wonder why certain homes do not qualify.

NiPutu0
Level 2
Ubud, Indonesia

I am eligible for Airbnb Plus (my guesthouse is in Ubud, Bali). When I click on the YOU ARE ELIGIBLE link then I get a blank page and absolutely NOTHING happens, no error message, no continue message. Total blank empty page. 

We are already SUPERHOST for several month and I really want to know what this PLUS status means and what the benefits are. 

Anybody succeeded to get thru? 

@NiPutu0

It is not a global offer yet.

https://www.airbnb.com/plus

Austin, Barcelona, Cape Town, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, Melbourne, Milan, Rome, San Francisco, Shanghai, Sydney, Toronto

Dave207
Level 2
Spring Hill, FL

Does it really matter? As a snowbird, I am basically a part time host at my Florida home, because I prefer to be present. When I am not present, I block out my calender. When I am present, booking are readily available at The Briar Patch, for both private rooms and The Briars in the Wild (Tent in the garage), and I book accordingly without worrying about being host plus or super host or lowering my price because others in the area are less. When the gal down the street books her $19 room, my $28 room will catch the next guest looking for price... and stays booked while I am here. So, no need to give up $10 a night using price tips or other suggestions. The amenities I provide are well worth the higher price. Hosting AirB&B is a sideline, not a job or career, or ego booster, in need of platitudesBriars in the WildBriars in the WildBriars 1Briars 1

Now, it is so easy to become "Airbnb Plus Home", you have to request through the website itself to verify your home for quality & comfort. Once the request received, Airbnb will verify your home in person over 100 checkpoints like home design, interior style, kitchen area... etc. If you pass all the checklist then your home will be announced "Airbnb Plus " featured. Refer this document, it briefly explains What is Airbnb Plus and How to become Airbnb+ home...etc. https://www.slideshare.net/agriya/discussing-airbnbs-plus-its-future-scope

David2252
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

i clicked on the link above, but still can't see how or where to apply for airbnb plus. where is it? apparently,  my home meets all the qualifications.  can anybody steer me in the right direction?

dave

Rod74
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

h

Hey All, I'm totaally annoyed with Air BNB ...always been a massive supporter but begining to wonder if this is a one way love affair. They recenty introduced Plus to Sydney and selectively invited hosts to join - which I undertand to get it up and running. 

There was no notifictaion provided to other qualifyng superhosts ... the Plus just appeared.

When I notice ths I request an invitation to be told they were closed until mid 2019 and I truly beleive this is effecting my forward bookings.

I've spoken to the SUPERHOST hotline and completed a feedback form but they just don't seem to care.

Totally annoyed and now considering other listing options.

Has anyone else had similar experiences ?

Come on Air bnB ... restore my faith !!!

Rod

Rod

Superhost-Neil0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hi guys,

For some reason I couldn't find this answer on the community and I have NO IDEA how to go to the Bali community page.

How can I become Airbnb + in Bali? I am about to rent an amazing 550m2 villa with the most amazing furniture and a huge pool. I checked the Airbnb + page and I got everything to become a + member.

Hope someone can help me out here....

Neil

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Matthew354   Don't. It's not worth it.  Search this forum and see how the majority of those who accepted feel about it(hint: it's not good).

Paul688
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

My listing qualifies, i am a 4.9 star superhost with 87 reviews, but have no options to request a visit? why?

Joy298
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

Hi,

I've recently received an invitation. However I just started host for less than 2months and am not even qualified for super host badge. I assume they assess the click-through rate of your listing to determine if it's enough impressive.

However, I've seen quite a lot of not-so-happy experience about plus program here. So I assume I'm not going to participate.