How to book more than one guest at a time

Heather10
Level 1
Bakersfield, CA

How to book more than one guest at a time

I'm trying to find out how to book more than one guest at a time. For example, if more than one guest is planning to stay at the house, how do I set up this function on my page?

Thanks for any help offered

3 Replies 3
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hey Heather, do you mean that you want to change/increase your maximum guests allowed in the one room you rent in your house?   Or do you mean that you want to create a second listing, for another bedroom in the house?  So that you could host (for example) two couples at once?   If it's the first scenario, you can go into your dashboard, manage listing, BASIC where you can change the property type, room type and maximum guests.    If it's the second scenario, then you can just create a new listing for the second private bedroom.  You can basically copy/paste all the same info, just make sure that you have pictures of the new room, and that you clarify that it's one of two private rooms in a three bedroom house.

Your listing is a bit unclear to me, it seems like right now you are offering a private room in a shared house for maximum of two guests sharing that private room.    But then you say that guests have access to the whole house, that you are not staying there.   Does that mean that the other bedrooms are locked? 

I hope that helps.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Heather10,

I just took a look at your listing and it looks like everything is setup alright.  I can choose 1 or 2 guests from the dropdown menu.  If you are wanting to change the number of guests your listing accomodates, you would change this in the "Basics" section of your listing.

Charming home in Bakersfield   Condominiums for Rent in Bakersfield.png

Happy hosting!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Kia ora

I may have just submitted a similar query to the 'Help Centre' - alao about a new host listing.

I can't find where and how on the website to make it clear that the price depends on the number of persons in the group requesting to book our 3 bedroom holiday accommodation so that if they request a booking they get the indicative price for the number of persons in their group, not just for one person and no indication that the price varies depending on the number of persons their booking is for. (As well as being adjusted depending on season, length of stay, and whether linen supplied or not).

I don't seem to have a drop down box option showing when i try to edit listing for numbers of guests. 

Dave & Deb: Where do I find that in the 'Basic' default/indicative pricing section?

Or is there another way to transparently communicate that we are very happy to host 1-2 persons or small groups, and that the price is always adjusted depending on number of persons?...... (as wel as other factors).

We are more than happy to host only a couple (or an individual or small group of 3-4 rather than to the maximum we could host, and like to offer a related fair price.