How to calculate Bathrooms?

Answered!
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

How to calculate Bathrooms?

Hi everyone,

Each bathroom component is considered to be one-quarter of four components. The bathroom components that figure into this calculation are the toilet, sink, shower, and bathtub.

How the guest calculated the listing bathrooms?

How the host described the bathroom in the listing?

01D34577-F28E-47FA-BF56-0C132911A13D.jpeg

DBA4302A-7382-45C9-B6F2-0CCF2A7CA6D4.jpeg

Airbnb full bathroom

One full bathroom is a bathroom that contains precisely 1 sink, 1 bathtub, 1 shower and 1 toilet

Airbnb 1.5 bathrooms

1.5 bath would mean one full bathroom and one-half bathroom.

A half bath is just a toilet and sink. There isn't a shower or tub in it, so a house with 1.5 baths has one full bathroom and one-half bath.

04DB4A11-626D-4D95-B50C-673B5469E2D8.png
A7CD0EAD-B733-4CA8-B66E-D0F859720E73.jpeg

9B3B359E-85A6-4F24-994E-23B54DE23F2C.jpeg

1.75 bathroom describes two separate bathrooms in a home; one full bath and one ¾ bath. As mentioned, the full bath 1 shower, 1 bathtub,1 sink and 1 toilet, and the other bathroom has either 1 shower or bath, 1 sink and 1 toilet.

Traditionally, a full bath consists of a bathtub, shower, sink, and toilet. In contrast, a three-quarter bath consists of a sink, toilet, and shower, or occasionally, a sink, toilet, and tub. Some individuals in the real estate industry also use the term "three-quarters bath" to mean a bathroom that can contain a sink, toilet, and bathtub, leaving very little difference between the terms "three-quarters bath" and "full bath."

F5C1BB26-ACA7-4B89-926C-65CA4F4D037C.jpeg

D2FD9BB2-898C-45F9-AB2A-8531FF05A58C.jpeg

Luxury BathroomsLuxury Bathrooms

Full Bathrooms

Most homes will have at least one full bathroom. A full bathroom is versatile and valuable, packing many functions into a relatively small space. The average full bathroom contains a shower, bathtub, vanity, and toilet.

Many newer homes combine the shower and the tub into one unit to save space, making the required square footage nearly identical to that of a three-quarter bath with a tub: 40 square feet.

Primary Bathrooms

A primary bathroom is connected to the Primary or lagest bedroom in the house. A primary bathroom is also called an en suite bathroom or an attached bathroom. Typically, the primary bathroom is a full bathroom or a three-quarter bathroom.

A door permits entry to the primary bedroom. Then a second door opens up into the bathroom. In a few instances, that second door is left off. If this is the case, the toilet is enclosed in its own space with a door for

The blue bathroomThe blue bathroomThe pink bathroomThe pink bathroom

Three- quarter Bathroom

Three-quarter of the bathrooms have a toilet, sink, and either a separate shower or a separate bathtub.

As opposed to a traditional full bath, a three-quarter bath is usually characterised by an efficient combination of a standing shower, sink, and toilet. For this reason, three-quarter bathrooms are generally located near guest bedrooms.

E55E3FBE-6FAB-459A-858B-4881767BC1DA.jpegC7C43206-1215-45B3-98B4-92D54818A074.jpeg96EE69E9-6A0C-4562-8950-E1C451582390.jpeg

Half-Bathrooms

Half-bathrooms have a toilet and a sink.

Half-bathrooms are also called powder rooms or guest bathrooms. Half-baths allow more privacy to the homeowner, as visitors can use the toilet and wash up without entering the bedroom

Modern and practical  bathrooms  ideaModern and practical bathrooms idea

Powder  roomPowder room

Half bathroomHalf bathroom

Quarter-Bathrooms

A quarter-bathroom is a small room that contains either a toilet or a shower stall. Quarter-bathrooms are often called utility toilets or utility showers.

Quarter-bathrooms are sometimes found in the basements or lower levels of older homes. These bathrooms were often installed by the homeowner, not by the original builder. Quarter-bathrooms would provide a homeowner working outside or a handy person with a convenient toilet or shower without walking through the house.

What is a 2.2 bathroom?

The difference between 2.2 bathroom and 2.5 bathrooms?

What is a 3.5 bathroom?

And what is a.75 bathroom?

The difference between a.75 bathroom and a.25 bathroom ?

Any guideline  will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Happy hosting! 

1 Best Answer
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi Dale

Fabulous bathroom pics. Thankyou!

The significance of a full bathroom (however defined...!!) is that it qualifies the property for the fancy new brand of Airbnb which I've forgotten the name of. Airbnb Plus perhaps?

So its either a full or half bathroom. Airbnb doesn't follow Estate Agent criteria... thankfully!!  We have separate fittings: a shower, a lavatory and two hand basins and just describe the arrangement as a half bathroom so its not misrepresented. What arrangement are you looking to describe?

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Dale711 This is so confusing! But my partner and I are in the process of remodeling our personal bathroom now so thanks for the inspirational photos!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

A full bathroom does not need to have a bathtub. It needs to have a shower or a bathtub or both. A place for people to bathe.

Bathtubs are not something that are standard fixtures outside of the first world. I've very rarely encountered a bathtub anywhere in Mexico.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Dale711  Just like @Emilia42, I'm renovating a bathroom - the master bath in my apartment  - and I really appreciate the gorgeous bathrooms pictured here!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dale711 Where has your post come from. It is just wrong I am afraid.

A full bath can have a shower, a bath (or both) as well as toilet and sink

A half bath is just toilet and sink.

It isn't any more complex than that!

Oh my dear @Mike-And-Jane0 ,

You may need to consult your doubt to a real estate, professional contractor, architecture and interior designer or anyone who's is knowledgeable in the field. 

As the title: How to calculate Bathrooms?

Perhaps my question was not clear,

1. Airbnb full bathroom?
  2. Airbnb 1.5 bathroom?
  3. What is a.2.5 bathroom?
  4. What is a.7.5 bathroom? 
  5. What are the 1.75 bathrooms? 
  6. What are the 2.2 bathrooms? 
  7. What are the 2.5 bathrooms? 
  8. What are the 3.5 bathrooms?
  9. How the guest calculated the listing bathrooms?

10. How the host described the bathroom in the listing?

Thank you

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Dale711   I appreciate your question.  However, none of my listings would qualify as having a full four piece bathroom = 1.0 under your definitions.   But any real estate professional here in the US would give me a 1.0 for each three piece bathroom and a .5 for a two piece bathroom.   I could not conceive of a US guest understanding a .75 bathroom, I.e. a three piece as not being a full bath.  They would not rent.  But I do show pictures and include in my description whether it is an en suite, has a large shower (but no tub) or has a tub with a shower head and curtain/glass enclosure.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi Dale

Fabulous bathroom pics. Thankyou!

The significance of a full bathroom (however defined...!!) is that it qualifies the property for the fancy new brand of Airbnb which I've forgotten the name of. Airbnb Plus perhaps?

So its either a full or half bathroom. Airbnb doesn't follow Estate Agent criteria... thankfully!!  We have separate fittings: a shower, a lavatory and two hand basins and just describe the arrangement as a half bathroom so its not misrepresented. What arrangement are you looking to describe?

A full bathroom is made up of four parts: a sink, a shower, a bathtub, and a toilet. Anything less than that, and you can't officially consider it a full bath. The math is simple: Each utility is counted as one-quarter, so you add and deduct a quarter for each one, as the case may be.A full bathroom is made up of four parts: a sink, a shower, a bathtub, and a toilet. Anything less than that, and you can't officially consider it a full bath. The math is simple: Each utility is counted as one-quarter, so you add and deduct a quarter for each one, as the case may be.