How to change instant book.

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

How to change instant book.

Hi all...hope everyone is safe and feeling well.  On that note, a friend just text me that someone in NYC wanted to book 19 days at her place, it was declined...as of now my county has no confirmed cases.  That got me thinking I still have instant book on, just now went to change that and it's become virtually impossible.  I have tried everything, the confirm is shadowed over so it won't let you click it, oh you can hit save, but NOTHING happens, it's still set to instant book, I guess because you didn't click confirm...HELLO.!!  My only recourse is to cancel the reservation myself, sure would be much easier to just decline it, besides the fact that who knows after things settle down if ABB will then penalize you for cancelling it yourself.  Truly unbelievable, if I'm wrong Please advise me, I've already asked the help center how to change it, did what was said.

12 Replies 12
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Wende2 

We are a forum of hosts and guests so can't help you with technical issues. @Wende2 

If you don't want to accept bookings, then you will probably just need to go in and block out dates and then go back to Airbnb and ask them to sort this out.

@Helen3  Thanks, just thought maybe someone else had tried as well and could let me know what worked.  Suppose I'll end up giving them a call, or just cancel the booking myself.  Seems like always something anymore.  Stay safe.!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry I didn't realise you had a booking, I thought you said your friend had.

Is it within Airbnb's EC policy for the virus? If so, use that.

You're right, it is a friend.  I'll call ABB and in the mean time I'll just cancel myself.  If I'm worried about the guest coming from a state with a high number of confirmed cases, that better fall within the policy for me to cancel without recourse.

@Wende2  I also tried to turn off Instant Book two days ago and could not figure out how to do it.  But, since all our bookings cancelled and NYC is an epicenter of the virus, I figure I do not have to worry too much. 

I tried ago a few mins ago, now I can't even get as far as I did when I first tried.  I'll just cancel them myself, if they punish me later, I'll throw their email back at them, about no penalties for the host cancelling at this time.

I did get all their fear tactics too, and I couldn't click continue either.

I just copied what you told them to paste it myself, now I can't get anywhere, maybe 3 tries and your locked out.?!!  Well fine, I'll just cancel myself, and once the one booking I do have in April cancels I'll do as my friend and just block all of April.

Zivka1
Level 7
Canada

Go to "Listing" on top of page where is "home. Inbox ...."

when you click on that click on "Booking settings"

under "Booking settings" you will see "How guests can book"

check box "All guests must send a reservation request

They will try to scare you and beg not to uncheck "instant booking" - don\t reverse 

Did that already, nothing changed and they have the word confirm set so you can't click it, it won't highlight to allow you to confirm.?

@Wende2  If you are trying to do this on the app, maybe try on a laptop.Sometimes things that don't work on the app will on the desktop version.

I'm on my laptop.  I think after 3 tries, they just locked me out.