How to change order of items in my Guidebook?

How to change order of items in my Guidebook?

I have been adding new items occasionally to my Guidebook and would like to change the order in which they are  listed. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks

8 Replies 8
Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

Hi @Harold-And-Barbara0 , it bothers me, too!

And I`m sure not to have overseen anything: There's no option to change the order! 

If you create a guide book for the first time the issue is tolerable because you can set your order before putting things online. But after that, when adding something new, it's extremely unhelpful.

I have a printed version in my condos and every time I apologize to my new guests that contents do not follow a certain order.

Thank you Denis-Mark1.  I’m glad to know I was not being a dummy, but I too am very disappointed. I hope someone  at Airbnb is listening and can add this feature to the guidebook. It is very much needed😡

Jean4999
Level 4
Perrott's Brook, United Kingdom

This is now possible with version 21.19 of the App (an android at least) but sadly not on pc with either firefox or chrome.
Reported as a bug today and Airbnb say it's not possible to re-order...... I've done it!

Thank you for the info!  I will try iphone. It seems like it should be easy fix in html.  It is very very laborious to reconstruct the Guidebook to keep it updated. This is one perk for hosts that is actually very useful and this is how we are treated ( as usual)...

Thanks so much for the info@Jean4999 

It does indeed work on an iphone.  FINALLY! this makes updating our guidebook so much easier. In the mobile app, there is a button that says "change orded"....thanks Airbnb, this was a long time coming. 

@Salma17what a pita but it does work [somewhat]. I tried editing one category at a time, then doing another - but that resulted in the first category going to the original order! Finally got it done, now hoping I don't have to make a change to it again. WHY NOT HAVE THIS OPTION IN A WEB BROWSER, Airbnb???

So good to know this can be changed in the app on an iPhone. For some reason I decided to put hospitals, urgent cares and pharmacies first and don't want to give guests the impression our home is dangerous, lol. 

Annie1176
Level 2
Sligo, Ireland

I was pretty sore about this too but then by pure accident I discovered you can change the order on the Phone app. Yay!