How to change the DATE format?

Answered!
Royal-Loft0
Level 2
Venice, Italy

How to change the DATE format?

Hi How can I change the Date Format.

I am used to DAY, MONTH, YEAR  I grew up with this format, and it is very natural and logical for me, goes from smaller to larger.

the Format MONTH, DAY, YEAR seems very strange to me as it breaks my logic, and the date seems scrambled.

I understand that it is a regional thing, and varies from country to country, However I can not find a setting to change that.

It's all good when the date goes beyond 12, then you can clearly see which is which, but any date before that seems now confusing to me. 

If anyone can help, that would be great!

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Bruna83 ,

I have the normal European date format in my Airbnb.nl account. Are you on Airbnb.com or Airbnb.ch (Switzerland ?)

Best regards, Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29

I agree, this is a huge problem. I just received the payout email for the guest currently staying here, and it says that they won't arrive until April and will be staying for 4 months:

01/04/2016 - 01/08/2016

And the message history for this guest says that they booked in August, when in fact they booked in September.

This is a serious bug. It is extremely confusing to anybody who does not live in America to be supplied with dates in that American format.

Sylvie4
Level 2
London, GB

The date format drives me crazy too. There are more people in the World other than americans you know. Please Messrs Airbnb can you give us the option of day/month/year please, it's so confusing!!!!!!!

I just put in a support request for this too.

It is absolutely astonishing that a site as big as Airbnb could have no concept of localisation. I can see how the date issue could really cause havoc if you were aware and careful of the issue!

Check in
02/06/16
Check out
02/14/16

Setting to my Australian date format DD/MM/YY is not possible !

Well it appears AirBnB did not think of different time formats in the world. As you as you change the country, the date format should change too. It is a computer program design issue they forgot! 

There seems to be no way of contacting AirBnB tech staff or management about this problem. If anyone knew, please pass this message to them. Thanks.

Andrea55
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Typical US ignorance and arrogance.

AirBnB, change it and do it now!

Robin-And-Sue0
Level 3
Mount Evelyn, Australia

Come on AirBnB. I've tried to ask you this question a bunch of different ways - and end back with 'Ask the Community' but the community has the same problem.  It's a SETTING issue.  Please add Date formatting to our profile settings.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties getting this feedback over to the team. I will certainly pass this feedback on.  I'm based in the UK and I too often have to double check what calendar I am working in! 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

When we develop systems here in Asia we globalise by ALWAYS using dd/mmm/yyyy format  - it's a 21C necessity - simple!

eg 21 Mar 2106  NO con fusion to anyone - and no need to have local settings then

Thanks guys for getting up to speed 🙂

David

Hello everyone 

great idea to change to a universal method 21Mar2016. Should clarify for all. Thank you for the suggestion. Now how to get that done?

As an American with family living in Europe, I was confused with format at first..definitely the 21Mar2016 format would eliminate all confusion!

has this been fixed?  it's VERY confusing

Meindert0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

http://www.codeproject.com/Lounge.aspx?msg=5252015#xx5252015xx

"
So why does pretty much every US based service that caters to a worldwide audience use mm/dd/yyyy as a date format

"

Judy52
Level 2
Allonnes, France

Ok, I take it that I can't change the date format! I think I will not publish my listing until this can be done, the last thing I want is a double booking!!

Roxane11
Level 2
North Melbourne, Australia

Yes its annoying and i completely agree the option should be there to choose how it is displayed in your profile and confirmation emails. personally it should just be automatic depending on your home country no?

But Judy, it is impossible to double book because airbnb manages the calendar?

How is this still an issue, its nearly the end of 2016 here people? Just change the **bleep** settings!