How to check reviews in details (TIPS)

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

How to check reviews in details (TIPS)

If you want to check reviews that your future guest left for his/her previous hosts, you don't need to keep scrolling down anymore!

I received this tips from Branka (for some reason I cannot mention the user ID here) 😞

If you use google chrome, you can install AirReview to see review in details. You can see what review that the guest receive from hosts, leave for hosts, and also the response to the review.

Please see example below

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 11.54.29 PM.png

19 Replies 19

VERY kool, Farah! Thanks for the tip!

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.
Kati18
Level 7
Vancouver, Canada

I saw this in the original posting when it came up for discussion a while back and I downloaded it right away.  It's super handy and well worth it (especially since it's FREE).  Getting both sides of a story is extremely important when reviewing potential guests and this saves time and energy putting the pieces together!

Thansk Branka and Farah!

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I don't seem to get it to work. Can someone please post a link to the initial thread?

Mariann 🙂

(Seems like Branka&Silvia is getting all the fun to tell about it and I am never getting it to work 😅)

@Mariann4 this is the link to install it > https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/airreview/plkdnpjpnhhnmigmekaocdfokkmebdnm?hl=en-US

Then you ill have the extension on the top right side of your chrome browser. Make sure that you are not using the incognito mode for the browser then when you open a profile, click on the airreview logo on the top right and it should refresh the page with the full review information.

Thank you @Farah1 😊

I did all in your description yesterday. Everything went like a charm. The icon is present on my toolbar. It refreshes the page when I click it. But no result. No reviews are changing. And I doublechecked to see that my guest reviewed previous hosts. So it is not working for me 😐

Mariann 🙂

I found out why @Farah1

This extension is designed to work in the US. It is not launched to work elsewhere... Maybe in the future.

Mariann 🙂

@Mariann4 that is a bummer 😞 hopefully soon!

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Mariann4 It can work outside the US. I use it in Thailand still work great but some time is slow 30sec then show.  

Thank you @Nutth0 🙂

I just referred to what was told by the developer. Not working in Norway. But hey, we are just 5 million inhabitants 😄

Mariann 🙂

Thomas-and-Ramona0
Level 4
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

AirReview works now for me in Australia if I have a VPN service on that shows me as browsing from the US. It is a subtle thing, no big obvious sign that something is happening but if you scroll down to the reviews of the guest from the previous hosts, it shows their reviews of those hosts under each one.

Ramona

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Farah1

I downloaded it as soon as I've heard for it . However, I can not find it any more on chrome web store... how did you find it?

Interesting... when I click on this link then I see it in pop up window , but if I close it then I can not find it in search. Maybee bc it is allready installed on my laptop

@Branka-and-Silvia0 maybe you can try to find the file in your laptop and delete it (if you can find it)? The tool is really helfpul when it works!